Time to admit it: Marrone>Ryan

Estelle Getty

Marrone won 6 games in his first year. Rex will win more than that.

Marrone had a rookie starting QB, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel, a rookie starting WR, and inherited the worst defense in Bills history. 6 games was a miracle.

Bow before the Douggernaut.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone had a rookie starting QB, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel, a rookie starting WR, and inherited the worst defense in Bills history. 6 games was a miracle.

Bow before the Douggernaut.

6 games was only a miracle because of how piss poor of a coach Marrone was. Every player regressed under his tenure.

6 games was only a miracle because of how piss poor of a coach Marrone was. Every player regressed under his tenure.

Except every single defensive player. And Kyle Orton. And Fred Jackson. And Robert Woods.

He wasn't perfect. But, you know, you don't have to be perfect to be the best.

Edited by FireChan

Orton regressed. Woods regressed. Jackson regressed. And Marrone did nothing to the defense but stay away -- which was his only smart move.

lol. Kyle Orton had the highest passer rating of his career under Marrone. And one of his best win percentages. Fred Jackson went from his washed up 2012 campaign to posting career highs in a rebound 2013. Woods put up better numbers from 13 to 14. You can't just make things up. The miracles were made. #2 rushing attack in the NFL in 2013. He was a coach of the year candidate.

And he regressed from how he started the season to how he finished. The Denver slide was just the start.

What about Woods? FJax? COTY candidate?

Players, especially older ones, get beat up and play worse. Ask Peyton.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/12/bill_polian_says_bills_coach_doug_marrone_coach_of_year_candidate.html?hootPostID=f3c6c10e8bb9be206c043dbff2ef09ea

What about Woods? FJax? COTY candidate?

Players, especially older ones, get beat up and play worse. Ask Peyton.

The entire rushing attack regressed, including Fred. He had nearly 300 yards less in 14 from what he had in 13 and 7 less TDs. As a unit they finished 2nd in rushing in 13 and dropped to 25th by Marrone's end. Woods' numbers were pretty consistent from 13-14. He played 2 more games in 14, had over 100 targets but only put up 100 more yards.

The entire rushing attack regressed, including Fred. He had nearly 300 yards less in 14 from what he had in 13 and 7 less TDs. As a unit they finished 2nd in rushing in 13 and dropped to 25th by Marrone's end. Woods' numbers were pretty consistent from 13-14. He played 2 more games in 14, had over 100 targets but only put up 100 more yards.

That's a very nice spin. However, he had 18 more targets from 13-14 but had 25 more catches. With a newly drafted #1 WR across the field instead of half a year of SJ13. And he had MORE catches. #improvement.

FJax got old. Marrone could only turn back time once. Plus, Marrone's line was garbage, and he managed one great year. Another miracle. How did our passing game change from 2013 to 14?

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/12/bill_polian_says_bills_coach_doug_marrone_coach_of_year_candidate.html?hootPostID=f3c6c10e8bb9be206c043dbff2ef09ea

In the conversation doe.

Edited by FireChan

That's a very nice spin. However, he had 18 more targets from 13-14 but had 25 more catches. #improvement.

FJax got old. Marrone could only turn back time once. Plus, Marrone's line was garbage, and he managed one great year. Another miracle. How did our passing game change from 2013 to 14?

In the conversation doe.

You mean his pet project. His skill as a coach and player was along the line yet his line got worse (dramatically worse) because he stuck Pears in at guard (an unforgivable offense to me) and thought he could manage just fine. That falls on Doug in a big way. He sunk his own ship -- then abandoned it without so much as a goodbye to his players.

He's a lousy coach with deplorable interpersonal traits who isn't a leader of men. This was made clear every player who was free to speak their minds after he left.

You mean his pet project. His skill as a coach and player was along the line yet his line got worse (dramatically worse) because he stuck Pears in at guard (an unforgivable offense to me) and thought he could manage just fine. That falls on Doug in a big way. He sunk his own ship -- then abandoned it without so much as a goodbye to his players.

He's a lousy coach with deplorable interpersonal traits who isn't a leader of men. This was made clear every player who was free to speak their minds after he left.

Welker hated Belichick. He still got him to a bunch of Pro-Bowls. Maybe the Bills players are happier with their buddy HC who sucks even worse. Great for them.

#The9And7Man #IWantAWinningRecordNotABestFriend

Good thing no players have spoken their minds about Rex Ryan's abilities as an HC.

Edited by FireChan

Welker hated Belichick. He still got him to a bunch of Pro-Bowls. Maybe the Bills players are happier with their buddy HC who sucks even worse. Great for them.

#The9And7Man #IWantAWinningRecordNotABestFriend

Good thing no players have spoken their minds about Rex Ryan's abilities as an HC.

Moving the goalposts already? I thought we were talking about Marrone not he-who-shall-not-be-named? His line, specifically his meddling in the coaching of said line, was what sunk the Bills in '14 more than any other element. They got to 9 wins in spite of Marrone, not because of him.

Marrone won 6 games in his first year. Rex will win more than that.

It would be hard not to at 5-6.

Let me see if I can recall Doug Marone's concept.

Initiates and plays a hurry up offense with a ROOKIE.

Rookie gets hurt - next guy up - Slows down the pace.

Rookie gets back - Speeds up the pace.

Rookie gets back - Tries to "simplify" the playbook.

Quits on team

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Moving the goalposts already? I thought we were talking about Marrone not he-who-shall-not-be-named? His line, specifically his meddling in the coaching of said line, was what sunk the Bills in '14 more than any other element. They got to 9 wins in spite of Marrone, not because of him.

Unlike this years Bills who will get to 7 wins in spite of their coach.

I was making a point that players "liking" their coach doesn't mean anything. It's for babies. I want a coach who takes a talented defense and wrings them for all of their possible production. If I can't have that, I want a coach who hires that coach.

It would be hard not to at 5-6.

Let me see if I can recall Doug Marone's concept.

Initiates and plays a hurry up offense with a ROOKIE.

Rookie gets back - Speeds up the pace.

Rookie gets back - Simplifies the playbook.

You're missing some blowouts and 4 pick games in that timeline.

Unlike this years Bills who will get to 7 wins in spite of their coach.

I was making a point that players "liking" their coach doesn't mean anything. It's for babies. I want a coach who takes a talented defense and wrings them for all of their possible production. If I can't have that, I want a coach who hires that coach.

You're missing some blowouts and 4 pick games in that timeline.

Sir, the topic is Doug Marone and his plan. Not specific players.

Does Chip Kelly slow the pace when he had to switch QB's? I don't think he did.

So you throw in a fast paced offense at a QB who was deemed a guy who needed grooming.

Thanks for making the point that Marone was an idiot.

So now it is about specific players?

Edited by FireChan