Week 13: Texans' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

78 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills Beat Houston on Sunday?

• Yes! They'll be back in the Wildcard Race.
    • No! They'll be Done.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I'll assume you have a bet in place? Hope it's something good and the Texans fan is pinning their hopes and dreams on Brian Hoyer.

The bets and stakes are being negotiated today. The key is landing on something that has weight but doesn't result in our breaking up... no idea what the bet will be in the end, but it should be fun. I hope.

@JaySkurski

Rex Ryan starts his Monday press conference by saying the tape is what he expected to see. "We dropped way too many passes," he says.

Ryan says the team has to be "much better" at stopping the run. "We have to find a way to be aggressive without selling the farm." #Bills

Alex Carrington's injury "doesn't look good." Report of a torn quad "could be accurate," the coach says.

Ryan says he's hopeful, but not 100-percent sure Karlos Williams can play against Houston.

Regarding Nigel Bradham, Ryan says it doesn't look great for him to play against the Texans. "That's a big loss," he says. #Bills

Ryan says he plans to change his replay process, but won't get into specifics of what those change will be. "Clearly we have to improve it."

Ryan says he hopes Mario Williams can play "in some capacity" against the Texans. #Bills

Ryan says he won't "name names" about who is advising him to challenge plays. #Bills

Ryan on whether asking the player is a good way to challenge plays: "Sometimes it is. Sometimes a player will be totally adamant about it."

Ryan on Jerry Hughes' seven personal fouls: "That number is alarming to me. It's almost hard to believe." #Bills

@JaySkurski

Rex Ryan starts his Monday press conference by saying the tape is what he expected to see. "We dropped way too many passes," he says.

Ryan says the team has to be "much better" at stopping the run. "We have to find a way to be aggressive without selling the farm." #Bills

Alex Carrington's injury "doesn't look good." Report of a torn quad "could be accurate," the coach says.

Ryan says he's hopeful, but not 100-percent sure Karlos Williams can play against Houston.

Regarding Nigel Bradham, Ryan says it doesn't look great for him to play against the Texans. "That's a big loss," he says. #Bills

Ryan says he plans to change his replay process, but won't get into specifics of what those change will be. "Clearly we have to improve it."

Ryan says he hopes Mario Williams can play "in some capacity" against the Texans. #Bills

Ryan says he won't "name names" about who is advising him to challenge plays. #Bills

Ryan on whether asking the player is a good way to challenge plays: "Sometimes it is. Sometimes a player will be totally adamant about it."

Ryan on Jerry Hughes' seven personal fouls: "That number is alarming to me. It's almost hard to believe." #Bills

Great info, thanks

@JaySkurski

Ryan: "In my opinion, we can win the rest of them. We're also a team that could lose the rest of them." #Bills

Rex Ryan said Tony Steward, not AJ Tarpley, will step in for Nigel Bradham.

Marcus Easley is progressing well in recovery from his concussion; John Miller isn't expected to be ready to play against Houston. #Bills

Seantrel Henderson will remain the starting right tackle, Rex Ryan says. #Bills

Ryan says Cyrus Kouandjio is "ready to go, but right now we feel Jordan (Mills) is a better option for us." #Bills

Ryan says the #Bills, "really never practiced," last week on a short week to get ready physically.

Ryan says he doubts Aaron Williams will start to practice this week. #Bills

@SalSports

"Improving depth on DL is #1 priority right now with K. Williams and Carrington lost for season" - Rex

I think it's clear that as most of us suspected, whoever is in charge of watching replays and notifying the bench failed miserably. Rex didn't even know the Maclin catch was an issue until after the game -- this is mind-boggling for the average fan to comprehend, but not if you recognize the HC is relying upon others if the replay isn't shown on the jumbotron. Rex presumed "good catch" because nobody told him otherwise.

Rex wouldn't "name names" but has said the process will change. Hope it's not too late.

I think it's clear that as most of us suspected, whoever is in charge of watching replays and notifying the bench failed miserably. Rex didn't even know the Maclin catch was an issue until after the game -- this is mind-boggling for the average fan to comprehend, but not if you recognize the HC is relying upon others if the replay isn't shown on the jumbotron. Rex presumed "good catch" because nobody told him otherwise.

Rex wouldn't "name names" but has said the process will change. Hope it's not too late.

the replay they saw in the booth is the same as the first one we saw on tv. They are only required to show it once, and they only showed the first angle. Every stadium does this when a call is made that could be questionable to the home team and its part of the home field advantage. Rex didn't see the catch live and had to rely on the replay they got. He could have still thrown it just in case, but it was so early in the game and he only gets 2 per game. I can see why the guy assigned to tell him when to challenge didn't do it. Edited by YoloinOhio

the replay they saw in the booth is the same as the first one we saw on tv. They are only required to show it once, and they only showed the first angle. Every stadium does this when a call is made that could be questionable to the home team and its part of the home field advantage. Rex didn't see the catch live and had to rely on the replay they got. He could have still thrown it just in case, but it was so early in the game and he only gets 2 per game. I can see why the guy assigned to tell him when to challenge didn't do it.

I can't, because the second replay they showed on the broadcast was before KC ran a play and I was yelling at the TV. They don't show the broadcast replays in the booth?

There is just no excuse for this b.s. Turnovers and scoring plays are automatically reviewed, so the only reason it really ever makes sense to challenge is if there is a momentum-changing play or it's a "did he get the first down" question. If a 40-yard pass isn't a momentum-changing play I don't know what is. It was a sliding catch on a slightly underthrown ball in wet conditions -- OF COURSE you make sure you get a couple of looks. If the guy assigned to making the call only saw one angle he should have told Rex to call a TO so they could get a better look.

It was awful, and it completely changed the complexity of the game.

I can't, because the second replay they showed on the broadcast was before KC ran a play and I was yelling at the TV. They don't show the broadcast replays in the booth?

There is just no excuse for this b.s. Turnovers and scoring plays are automatically reviewed, so the only reason it really ever makes sense to challenge is if there is a momentum-changing play or it's a "did he get the first down" question. If a 40-yard pass isn't a momentum-changing play I don't know what is. It was a sliding catch on a slightly underthrown ball in wet conditions -- OF COURSE you make sure you get a couple of looks. If the guy assigned to making the call only saw one angle he should have told Rex to call a TO so they could get a better look.

It was awful, and it completely changed the complexity of the game.

nope, they only show one replay at the stadium if it's questionable to the home team. They were saying on wgr that at the stadium it was shown once from one angle, and that's it. The Bills do the same thing at RWS. Edited by YoloinOhio

@taniaganguli

"The playoffs don't start today," O'Brien says when asked how to keep his players from thinking about current playoff scenarios. #Texans

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: #Bills once again in a bad spot with injuries http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/11/30/bills-once-again-in-a-bad-spot-with-injuries/

Fire Doug Whaley and bring in someone whose entire career was not a fluke in drafting Troy Polamulou. Since than Whaley has bent this team over and given staggering contracts to aging stars such as Kyle and Mario Williams. If we fire Whaley and Nix we can review front office hires. Otherwise, we can look at the probowlers on our roster and an empty cupboard of playoff victories.

Fire Doug Whaley and bring in someone whose entire career was not a fluke in drafting Troy Polamulou. Since than Whaley has bent this team over and given staggering contracts to aging stars such as Kyle and Mario Williams. If we fire Whaley and Nix we can review front office hires. Otherwise, we can look at the probowlers on our roster and an empty cupboard of playoff victories.

With all the red flags regarding Hughes, as well as injury flags, and we still keep Whaley around does he do anything other than refill the coffee pots when Kim and Terry drop by?

What do any of your anti Whaley diatribe posts have to do with this Sunday's game?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Texans Quotes: November 30
houstontexans.com

Bill O'Brien spoke to the media on Monday.

Bill O'Brien, Texans focused solely on Buffalo
By Drew Dougherty - houstontexans.com

The Buffalo Bills have the Texans' attention.

Tight ends getting more in offense
By Deepi Sidhu - houstontexans.com

The Texans offense is getting tight ends more involved in the passing game.