Walter Jones

MattyT

Seahawks | Jones Agrees to Lucrative Long-Term Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:54:14 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Seattle Seahawks agreed to terms with OT Walter Jones on a seven-year deal that includes a signing bonus exceeding $15 million and includes additional roster bonuses over the first three years. Jones' new deal averages more than $7 million annually, putting the veteran tackle on par with the highest paid linemen in the league. Jones is expected to officially sign his new contract Wednesday, Feb. 16.

Seahawks | Jones Agrees to Lucrative Long-Term Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:54:14 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Seattle Seahawks agreed to terms with OT Walter Jones on a seven-year deal that includes a signing bonus exceeding $15 million and includes additional roster bonuses over the first three years. Jones' new deal averages more than $7 million annually, putting the veteran tackle on par with the highest paid linemen in the league. Jones is expected to officially sign his new contract Wednesday, Feb. 16.

241496[/snapback]

That my friends is bad news. Did Pace get the "franchise tag" yet?

At this rate, JJ will be the high ticket free agent LT. As soon as this happens, say goodbye.

Whether TD planned on keeping JJ or not, it just raised the price of very decent o-lineman out there.

Very bad news. Damn Seahawks.

In other news, Cincy is doing something similar with Rudi Johnson and that is raising the value of every decent RB out there -- that is good news for us as we shop Henry around.

That my friends is bad news. Did Pace get the "franchise tag" yet?

At this rate, JJ will be the high ticket free agent LT. As soon as this happens, say goodbye.

241499[/snapback]

However, this still leaves room for them to tag either Hasselback or Alexander. My guess is Hasselback, which means that Aleaxander is available, driving the price of TH down, Dam those seahawks lol

However, this still leaves room for them to tag either Hasselback or Alexander. My guess is Hasselback, which means that Aleaxander is available, driving the price of TH down, Dam those seahawks lol

241602[/snapback]

Funny you mention that.....

Seahawks | Looking to Lock Up Hasselbeck - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:04:34 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports with the Seattle Seahawks reaching a new deal with OT Walter Jones this week, the club has now turned its attention toward re-signing free agent-to-be QB Matt Hasselbeck. The team has the option of designating Hasselbeck their franchise player if a new deal is not worked out before the start of free agency in March.

If they DO resign Hasselbeck, how likely is it that they would franchise Alexander? I'm not sure that they guy wants to be there.

The guy might not be a top 10 LT, but it's looking like we have to re-sign Jennings. We can't have a below average LT out there with a rookie QB. With Pace and Jones off the table, who out there is better than Jennings? If Jennings is looking to break the bank, it might be smart to franchise him and either pay him the one year franchise # or get a #2 or #3 from a team in a sign and trade. To lose him and get nothing in return when he is probably the best LT out there would be doubly devastating.