My 10 cents on the game.

BmarvB

I agree with you both but have seen this many, many times. Up 22-3 with a chance to bury the JESTS, the offensive play calling was dubious. The JESTS were ready to roll over. Tyrod rollout? Run the ball down their throats, was there for the taking. Instead gave the JESTS defense confidence and altered the course of the game.

I don't know why we didn't look for Clay or other TE down the middle with quick throws to slow down their rush. No much from WRs either into the middle of the field which should have been open. We won ugly on the road missing the three "Bills" on D.

This in particular interested me. The Jets have actually struggled a bit with Tight Ends - probably for that very reason. But it something I have commented on a lot earlier in the season Roman's scheme does not seem to use the middle of the field much in the passing game. I'm sure someone smarter than me can break down the numbers and one poster showed that he had never really used the middle of the field in San Fran much either but he seems to use it very rarely.

This in particular interested me. The Jets have actually struggled a bit with Tight Ends - probably for that very reason. But it something I have commented on a lot earlier in the season Roman's scheme does not seem to use the middle of the field much in the passing game. I'm sure someone smarter than me can break down the numbers and one poster showed that he had never really used the middle of the field in San Fran much either but he seems to use it very rarely.

I broke that down a while ago. It seems through his career Roman's spread is about 30-40-30 and we have been more used to 23-55-22

1) Winning the turnover battle goes a long way towards winning the game even though we tried hard to give it away. We're back in the thick of the wild card race.

2) Karlos Williams should at least be mentioned in the offensive ROTY conversation even if he doesn't win it.

3) Darby's come a long way from what we saw in the pre-season. He made a pro bowl statement. All he needs is a few more picks.

4) I like TT as our QB even though he still has to work on knowing when to throw the ball away sometimes. And he's taking too many hits and unnecessary sacks.

5) Nice to have a Clay sighting, but he should have been eating that defense up down the middle with all the blitzing the Jets were doing

6) Can't lighten up just because you're up 22-3 in the 3rd. That's how teams get back in the game. When you got em down, you stomp em and keep stomping em until it's over!

7) The strength of our defense has shifted from the D-line to the secondary. Rambo made some big plays when we needed them.

8) Shady's back to his old self, but those east-west runs are maddening. He's what we were hoping we had when Spiller was here.

9) Count on Fitz to throw that clutch interception. Some things never change.

10) A better team would got the comeback win over us. Can't fall asleep at the wheel like this next week in New England. We're gonna have to score 30+ points to beat them

GO BILLS!!!!!!

3)I think Darby and Gilmore are playing better than Revis/Cromartie ever did.

5) Definitely agree. It was like they made the adjustment at half to get him the ball and promptly forgot after the first drive. They need to stop using him in protection.

8) At least Shady knows why he's running E/W...to get N/S...something Spiller never learned. Also, the Jets are fast in the line, but slow at LB, so those plays were meant to clog the line inside and pressure the second level with McCoy's speed. It seemed to work well, even though he had some discouraging losses.

9) Before the play, I told my boys, "24 seconds...good...that's enough time for Fitz to throw a pick."