how about this trade for travis?

dave mcbride

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/bron...3548634,00.html

henry seems to me to be a very good fit in denver's scheme - a slashing, between the tackles runner who is quick to the hole.

trevor pryce, who will be 100% by mini-camp, doesn't fit the broncos' scheme now that they're going to a 3-4, but he'd be perfect in the bills' scheme and is a terrific pass rusher.

i think that a henry/price trade straight up makes both teams better, and his broncos cap number isn't an issue for the bills.

henry seems to me to be a very good fit in denver's scheme - a slashing, between the tackles runner who is quick to the hole.

trevor pryce, who will be 100% by mini-camp, doesn't fit the broncos' scheme now that they're going to a 3-4, but he'd be perfect in the bills' scheme and is a terrific pass rusher. 

i think that a henry/price trade straight up makes both teams better, and his broncos cap number isn't an issue for the bills.

239741[/snapback]

broncos have proven time and time again they put little value in the RB position and can find replacements for the position very easily.......travis would have no trade value to them........they would just as soon draft someone on day 2, turn him into a star, and then cash in on his value in a trade.......

tatum bell is going to have a huge year in '05.........

I don't think we need someone like Price half as much as we need a decent draft pick or a good o-lineman.

239780[/snapback]

well, you're not going to get that for henry. i'm trying to be realistic. the best draft pick they'll get for him is a mid-third rounder, and pryce is worth a lot more than that. pryce is an excellent player when healthy, which he's been through most of his career. he's been to the pro bowl 4 times, has 2 super bowl rings, and had 58 sacks over 6 years, from 1998-2003. also, you take good players when you can get them, regardless of position.

Denver wont give up Pryce for what they might consider just another guy that they could plug into their running back machine.

New England traded a 2nd rounder for Corey Dillon last year so its probably realistic that the Bills will get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Henry.

We'll have to wait and see what a lot of the F/As do and see who has a glaring need.

I think this would be an excellent trade. From a value standpoint a younger running back for a slightly older defensive end is an equitable trade. The salary of both players may be an issue as Price has a 9 million cap and would have to be restructured.

Denver has a history of carrying multiple backs on their roster and Travis Henry would be an excellent addition for them.

I think this would be a great football trade.

239741[/snapback]