Another TV Show Topic....Fargo

plenzmd1

Gotta agree it's a fantastic show. Binge-watched season one over the weekend. Great stuff and I really enjoyed the tip of the hat to the movie. Especially the flashback to Stavros Milos' discovery of the red ice scraper along the fence line. Superb acting all the way around, especially by Billy Bob and Martin Freeman. Serious acting chops.

Thanks for the recommendation, plenzmd1.

Glad you enjoyed, now stop reading this thread till you catch up on Season 2 :lol: Think you can watch them on FXNow.

The butcher lives another day !

"The shop burned down, And I killed another fella maybe two". Lol.

Kansas City head guy who previously talked about shampoo and his hair's head in a box = nutso.

Forgot about the shampoo comment!

"the Butcher of Laverne" all i could think of was " the Barber Of Seville'

Loved it again...

Simone best be careful...cant see a way she makes it of this alive!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

just got around to watching Mondays show....wow. Each week someone new just does a killer job acting...this week Karl ( Nick Offerman) was awesome!!!!

Bear is a good dude seems like, wonder what happens to Dodd?? I dont think he is dead

Nick Offerman rules. He was the only one worth watching on Parks and Rec imo, consistently hilarious.

Dodds not dead yet but I'm gonna guess the mom catches the daughter on the phone talking w Woodbine and puts a hole through her head.

The butcher is still the man. Love his oh well what the f demeanor. Landry from FNL forever.

Nick Offerman rules. He was the only one worth watching on Parks and Rec imo, consistently hilarious.

Dodds not dead yet but I'm gonna guess the mom catches the daughter on the phone talking w Woodbine and puts a hole through her head.

The butcher is still the man. Love his oh well what the f demeanor. Landry from FNL forever.

Damn this show is just so awesome!

So, is Simone dead or not? If the scene was paying homage to Millers Crossing with Danny Boy etc, then maybe she is still alive.

Least we get another Buffalo shoutout..

WTF were those symbols?

Damn this show is just so awesome!

So, is Simone dead or not? If the scene was paying homage to Millers Crossing with Danny Boy etc, then maybe she is still alive.

Least we get another Buffalo shoutout..

WTF were those symbols?

Wonder if the uncle wacked her in the woods or just let her go?

those symbols are old Viking runes (letters) there is a lot of Viking heritage in that part of the country so it could be related to that, but normally today runes are used in witchcraft and the occult.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I want to live in a place where we can leave our doors unlocked. Good episode for Ted Danson's character.

So many good characters gone. Wish the guy whose head is in a box was still around. I liked him better than Woodbines character.

So much going on, sheriffs wife impending death is heavy too.

I enjoy the show's attention to detail. You feel like you're watching something filmed in 1979. Only show on TV that I have an interest in watching "live."

I found the Ronald Reagan a bit odd and I don't understand the whole UFO angle that they are pushing.

I enjoy the show's attention to detail. You feel like you're watching something filmed in 1979. Only show on TV that I have an interest in watching "live."

I found the Ronald Reagan a bit odd and I don't understand the whole UFO angle that they are pushing.

Maybe they saw UFOs, after all it is told "exactly" as it happened

Offerman's character drinking beer with pull tabs on the cans.....classic!

The massacre.....occurs. Hanzee has snapped, aliens, no Gerharts left( though I am not convinced Simone is dead), what the hell happens in the last episode?

BTW, why the store owner not pull a shotgun off the wall!

I found that odd too. WALL OF GUNS...but don't bother picking one up.

I hope they fill us in on why Hanzee hates the Gerhardts so much all of a sudden.

Having Martin Freeman narrate the book was a clever touch.

While I don't understand the aliens angle in this show at all, I have to say, that shootout was memorable TV because of it's weirdness.

The massacre.....occurs. Hanzee has snapped, aliens, no Gerharts left( though I am not convinced Simone is dead), what the hell happens in the last episode?

BTW, why the store owner not pull a shotgun off the wall!

Gotta see if the wife lives (cancer), if they catch/kill Hanzee if he gets Ed and Peg or do they get away or "actualized" :D , what happens to Milligan and the KC mafia. (still curious about the runes if they mean anything at all, also was there really a UFO involved in this case?)

Gotta see if the wife lives (cancer), if they catch/kill Hanzee if he gets Ed and Peg or do they get away or "actualized" :D , what happens to Milligan and the KC mafia. (still curious about the runes if they mean anything at all, also was there really a UFO involved in this case?)

Hope not to be too big a spoiler, but we know the answer to the wife question was answered in season 1.

There is nothing left of the gehardts except the kid in jail and Simone( if indeed she is alive)...cant see KC having to many issues taking over now. BTW, did Buffalo dude get dead in the massacre? I am assuming so. My gut is Milligan takes over, says FU to KC, and builds out his own empire in Fargo.

Hope not to be too big a spoiler, but we know the answer to the wife question was answered in season 1.

There is nothing left of the gehardts except the kid in jail and Simone( if indeed she is alive)...cant see KC having to many issues taking over now. BTW, did Buffalo dude get dead in the massacre? I am assuming so. My gut is Milligan takes over, says FU to KC, and builds out his own empire in Fargo.

not the same wives.

No way Milligan takes over, I think gets killed too.