Fiedler?

What are the chances Fiedler will be released?  He appears to have worn out his welcome in Miami, but can be productive.

He could be the type of QB the Bills are looking for, with Bledsoe departing.

239465[/snapback]

Word is that Feeley will start and I think Fiedler will then depart. I wouldn't mind if he was the guy that we signed. He has had a history of putting up good records while QBing teams with a good running game and good defense. There would be others I would take ahead of him, but I think the pickings won't be that great for QBs willing to play back-up.

Fiedler won't be playing against our D anymore and he won't be that effective.  His best years are behind him. 

What about Gannon?  He's up there in age but a tryout will expose him as competent or a has been.

239468[/snapback]

Gannon is also a perfectionist, but past his prime. Garcia could be a good mentor for JP.

Fiedler won't be playing against our D anymore and he won't be that effective.  His best years are behind him. 

What about Gannon?  He's up there in age but a tryout will expose him as competent or a has been.

239468[/snapback]

Gannon's best years are really behind him. Fiedler, I believe, is still relatively young compared to Gannon. I can't see Garcia satisfied in a back-up role, whereas I can with Fiedler.

Gannon's best years are really behind him.  Fiedler, I believe, is still relatively young compared to Gannon.  I can't see Garcia satisfied in a back-up role, whereas I can with Fiedler.

239475[/snapback]

I think Garcia would take his chances competing for the job against essentially a rookie. And this late in his career would want to play on contending team. I think it's a good fit.

What are the chances Fiedler will be released?  He appears to have worn out his welcome in Miami, but can be productive.

239465[/snapback]

Fiedler will always be a Dolphin imo. Just like Bledsoe will always be a Pat. Does that make sense? Anyhow I really don't think that Fiedler would be that great of a mentor to J.P.. I feel that when someone is trying to learn from another player it is important that they have like skills and playing style. Not to mention Fiedlers arm isn't that great for the Ralph weather. I would go with Garcia as well IF we could get him cheap.

Fiedler will always be a Dolphin imo.  Just like Bledsoe will always be a Pat.  Does that make sense?  Anyhow I really don't think that Fiedler would be that great of a mentor to J.P..  I feel that when someone is trying to learn from another player it is important that they have like skills and playing style.  Not to mention Fiedlers arm isn't that great for the Ralph weather.  I would go with Garcia as well IF we could get him cheap.

239480[/snapback]

Let's see how it plays out this off season. I would feel a lot better about next year if we had Garcia.

239465[/snapback]

Fiedler is an Ivy League egghead. He is too smart to play football.

We need a quarterback who not only IS stupid, but SOUNDS stupid...Just like Michael Vick

239465[/snapback]

i would rather have garcia. and thats saying something... :D

I too would rather have Garcia, but he is going to be starting somewhere opening day. And J.P. is going to be starting for the Bills that day.

Gannon -- is he really coming bacK? I doubt he plays another down in the regular season.

Fielder -- how many times do we have to dicuss the same guy. I don't ever want to see him in a Bills uniform. Nothing personal, I just don't like his ears.

Garcia is done. He is never on the field since he is always injured.

Not to mention his skill set fits a short rhythm passing attack which is not what MM is running in Buffalo.

239610[/snapback]

Also, wasn't ESPN saying that Garcia had problems adjusting to Cleveland after being a NoCal boy most of his life? Why would Buffalo be any different?

Also, wasn't ESPN saying that Garcia had problems adjusting to Cleveland after being a NoCal boy most of his life? Why would Buffalo be any different?

239651[/snapback]

Fiedler? Does anyone remember him playing in Buffalo in the winter? He is awful. Garcia would be a better fit, but he thinks he is a starter and would never come into Buffalo knowing the rookie had the upper hand on getting the starting job. I still don't see what the rush is to get Losman on the field. He is not ready, and Drew is not done. Stay the course.