Is Cam/Hochuli being discussed ?

I haven't been following this closely, but isn't it possible that Hochuli made a joke about "not being old enough" and then clarified to Cam that he didn't get the call because he had turned himself into a runner?

there is no joking when it comes to being a referee well unless you ARE the referee.

This is why the scabs were so dangerous for the league. They didn't favor the old vets like Brady and Manning. They were bad, but they called the games pretty fair, and maybe started exposing some cracks in the shield.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

I completely agree. The replacement refs were much better and more fair. People in the media and fans just had an easy scape goat and felt it was OK to blame replacement refs. When the real refs came back they sucks worse but people didn't have the balls or common sense to criticize them.

I completely agree. The replacement refs were much better and more fair. People in the media and fans just had an easy scape goat and felt it was OK to blame replacement refs. When the real refs came back they sucks worse but people didn't have the balls or common sense to criticize them.

They weren't better, but they were fair.

They made some REALLY bad calls.

I find it hard to believe Cam just made this up. OTOH, I'd also like to believe Hochuli is being upfront--and as many have pointed out, in the video it looks as though he is saying what he claims to have said.

Of course he might have said something before, or after, what the video shows. But I'm thinking it just might have been what Cam heard. Perhaps when Hochuli said "the difference is you were running" Cam heard, "the difference is you are young", or something like that. There is a lot of noise and confusion on the field--I can certainly imagine something like that happening. After the game, Cam says "he said I wasn't old enough to get the call"--a reasonable extrapolation of what he heard. Anyway, just food for thought.

But I tell you what. If someone comes up with a video that clearly shows Hochuli saying what Cam thought he heard, Hochuli should be fired on the spot. Not just for the call, but for the lying/cover-up.