Let's unify the Bills and Sabres with one royal color

SBUffalo

EDIT: Oh OK, I get it. Yes I'm on board. I thought you meant make them both blue and red or blue and gold.

The Bills unis are amazing right now so I wouldn't touch them at all.

As far as the Sabres, it's like I've always said, if you're gonna go back, go all the way back. The Sabres and the Capitals are two prime examples of teams that sort of teased their 80's jerseys without going all the way back. The Oilers did this for a while too before finally going all the way back. The Capitals wear their old jerseys half the time anyway. Time for the Sabres to follow suit. There are very few teams in all of professional sports whose uniforms are better now than they were in 1985. In my less than humble opinion.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I am not a fan of royal blue... Even the old Sabres... I like Navy, both teams should wear navy blue... I think matches better with gold (Sabres) and scarlet/white (Bills).

IMO, royal blue just doesn't compliment/contrast well... Never liked it.

EDIT: Oh OK, I get it. Yes I'm on board. I thought you meant make them both blue and red or blue and gold.

The Bills unis are amazing right now so I wouldn't touch them at all.

As far as the Sabres, it's like I've always said, if you're gonna go back, go all the way back. The Sabres and the Capitals are two prime examples of teams that sort of teased their 80's jerseys without going all the way back. The Oilers did this for a while too before finally going all the way back. The Capitals wear their old jerseys half the time anyway. Time for the Sabres to follow suit. There are very few teams in all of professional sports whose uniforms are better now than they were in 1985. In my less than humble opinion.

Old Oilers royal is God awful w/orange! NO! Darker the blue better... Bill should switch to Sabres navy. Heck, powder blue (Chargers) is better than royal... I simply think royal doesn't match up well with many colors, especially gold. It does go well with white and red, that's about it!

Sorry to be the naysayer...

I am not a fan of royal blue... Even the old Sabres... I like Navy, both teams should wear navy blue... I think matches better with gold (Sabres) and scarlet/white (Bills).

IMO, royal blue just doesn't compliment/contrast well... Never liked it.

Old Oilers royal is God awful w/orange! NO! Darker the blue better... Bill should switch to Sabres navy. Heck, powder blue (Chargers) is better than royal... I simply think royal doesn't match up well with many colors, especially gold. It does go well with white and red, that's about it!

Sorry to be the naysayer...

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. It has worked for the Whalers and the Islanders among many, many others in all sorts of pro and college sports with all different color combinations.

Isn't that Jim Kelly in your avatar wearing navy? ;-) :-P

Nah they were navy until '87 (I believe) when they switched facemasks from blue to red (which I know is the year they switched facemasks- so I know that pic is '87 or after).

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. It has worked for the Whalers and the Islanders among many, many others in all sorts of pro and college sports with all different color combinations.

Nah they were navy until '87 (I believe) when they switched facemasks from blue to red (which I know is the year they switched facemasks- so I know that pic is '87 or after).

Yep... Just not a royal fan. Islanders are horrible, like old Oilers. Whalers, sorta get away with it because of the green. I am just not a fan of royal. I have two Sabres hats, one 1971 vintage and one navy... I just don't think a lot of things go with the royal hat and don't wear it too often.

I thought Purple was the color of royalty

Hey... Go back to France, this country was founded kicking England out! :-P