Any Word on Pat Williams?

Viiiiilma51

What do you think Buffalonians?

I think he would look GREAT in green & white!  But, I'm not trying to turn this into a quarrel.  I seriously am asking what Buffalo homers what you think will happen w/ Pat Williams and his free agency.

238007[/snapback]

Apparently he is willing to give the Bills a generous home-town discount. He loves Buffalo, unlike most players, he makes his home there and has two business he runs. The only thing he has said is the offer has to be "fair"...whatever that means is up to your interpretation I guess.

Since the Bills redid Moulds' deal and are about to cut Drew (saving another couple million), I think Williams will remain a Bill.

Bills have mucho money under the cap and can easily re-sign him if they want. Dont hold your breath, Pat Williams wants to stay in Buffalo and has lots of ties to the area. Donahoe usually doesnt get to work until after the Pro Bowl in terms of re-signing FAs, so I'm sure that Williams will be re-signed over the next two weeks.

Jonas Jennings on the other hand, you'll probably have a shot at.

I represent a minority here, but I think that PW will be gone.

Btw, why would you want him? Didn't Robertson come into his own this year?

238016[/snapback]

Absolutley he did! However, he's getting double teams virtually every play. Jason Ferguson is a free agant and we could either resign him or go after a free agent. Now don't get me wrong; Fergie is no slouch. I just think Williams will demand more respect from opposing blockers as well as well as some double teams freeing up Vilma behind him to utilize his best attribute; his speed!

Absolutley he did!  However, he's getting double teams virtually every play.  Jason Ferguson is a free agant and we could either resign him or go after a free agent.  Now don't get me wrong; Fergie is no slouch.  I just think Williams will demand more respect from opposing blockers as well as well as some double teams freeing up Vilma behind him to utilize his best attribute; his speed!

238021[/snapback]

I think your team needs cornerbacks, a backup qb, and a headcoach.

Edwards seems like a great guy. As a matter of fact, I would love to go have a beer with him. He is a gentleman.

That said, he is a disgrace as a headcoach. The lovefest is ending, and when he starts blowing game next season (again), it is going to get ugly.

Btw, isn't your RT a ufa?

I think your team needs cornerbacks, a backup qb, and a headcoach.

Edwards seems like a great guy. As a matter of fact, I would love to go have a beer with him. He is a gentleman.

That said, he is a disgrace as a headcoach. The lovefest is ending, and when he starts blowing game next season (again), it is going to get ugly.

Btw, isn't your RT a ufa?

238029[/snapback]

We do need a CB, we do need a backup QB, and yes Herm Edwards is probably the WORST in-game coach in the NFL. What Herm brings is not X's & O's. He brings leadership & unity amongst the team. Also, his players love playing for him. He needs, and we now have to very good coordinators on both sides of the ball. But, the "lovefest" has already ended for LOTS of Jets fans. I personally like what he brings to the team.

And yes; our RT is an UFA. However, we need a LT, not a RT. Jason Fabini played LT the past few years so McKenzie could play RT. Now that McKenzie is gone; Fabini will go back to his natural position of RT and we'll be in the market for a LT.

PW, in my mind, is as close to a lock to re-sign as can be for a UFA. The reasons mentioned above , along with his amazingly consistent perfomance on the D-line make him a continued value to the franchise...

238022[/snapback]

Dont get me wrong. I would be happy if PW signed to a reasonable, short term (3 years or less) contract, but given a choice, I would be thrilled to see Edwards signed to a long term deal.

We do need a CB, we do need a backup QB, and yes Herm Edwards is probably the WORST in-game coach in the NFL.  What Herm brings is not X's & O's.  He brings leadership & unity amongst the team.  Also, his players love playing for him.  He needs, and we now have to very good coordinators on both sides of the ball.  But, the "lovefest" has already ended for LOTS of Jets fans.  I personally like what he brings to the team.

And yes; our RT is an UFA.  However, we need a LT, not a RT.  Jason Fabini played LT the past few years so McKenzie could play RT.  Now that McKenzie is gone; Fabini will go back to his natural position of RT and we'll be in the market for a LT.

238041[/snapback]

I do see the Jets making a run at Jonas Jennings once he makes it to free agency. To me, Jonas will test the FA market and probably leave Buffalo, so if the Jets want to make a play for him, I think they'll have their chance.

Dont get me wrong. I would be happy if PW signed to a reasonable, short term (3 years or less) contract, but given a choice, I would be thrilled to see Edwards signed to a long term deal.

238042[/snapback]

Bill, do you really have that much faith in Ron Edwards? I mean, he showed some flashes this year and definitely improved over his previous seasons, but you think he's good enough to be a starter?

I do see the Jets making a run at Jonas Jennings once he makes it to free agency. To me, Jonas will test the FA market and probably leave Buffalo, so if the Jets want to make a play for him, I think they'll have their chance.

Already on our (the fans) radar.

;)

We do need a CB, we do need a backup QB, and yes Herm Edwards is probably the WORST in-game coach in the NFL.  What Herm brings is not X's & O's.  He brings leadership & unity amongst the team.  Also, his players love playing for him.  He needs, and we now have to very good coordinators on both sides of the ball.  But, the "lovefest" has already ended for LOTS of Jets fans.  I personally like what he brings to the team.

And yes; our RT is an UFA.  However, we need a LT, not a RT.  Jason Fabini played LT the past few years so McKenzie could play RT.  Now that McKenzie is gone; Fabini will go back to his natural position of RT and we'll be in the market for a LT.

238041[/snapback]

"In the market for a LT?" LTs are the 2nd highest paid players in football behind qbs.

As for jet fans, I laugh at how they blame Hackett for their offensive woes. The truth is (imo), Edwards is clearly at fault. I happen to think Pennington is good. He is accurate, but his arm is damaged and weak. Hackett calls a short game which is about all that Chad is capable of doing.

Personally, I am afraid that you guys will sign Moss. Santana Moss is NOT a #1 receiver. Randy is, and I fear a talent like this being in our division.

Two more things.....

1) Do you live in NY? If so, I remind you that the Buffalo Bills football team is the only one that does you any good when you pay your taxes. We alone represent New York football.

2) If you must remain a jet fan, feel free to stick around. This board, the best football site on the internet, boasts respectful pats and dolphin fans, and we can use another perspective. You will catch a little grief, but just keep talking football and you will be accepted here quite well overall.

Bill, do you really have that much faith in Ron Edwards?  I mean, he showed some flashes this year and definitely improved over his previous seasons, but you think he's good enough to be a starter?

238045[/snapback]

Yes my friend, especially when taking into account how these guys are rotated. Edwards is huge, young, and can rush the passer.

Look, I trust the coaches, but think about it.....what if he could be locked up for 5 years at 12 million dollars or so? He would count oh so little against the cap, and we could use the cash for other positions/players.

The Bills truly need another cb. Surtain would be just the ticket, but he wont come cheap.

Gotta admit, the speculation is exciting this time of year!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"In the market for a LT?" LTs are the 2nd highest paid players in football behind qbs.

As for jet fans, I laugh at how they blame Hackett for their offensive woes. The truth is (imo), Edwards is clearly at fault. I happen to think Pennington is good. He is accurate, but his arm is damaged and weak. Hackett calls a short game which is about all that Chad is capable of doing.

Personally, I am afraid that you guys will sign Moss. Santana Moss is NOT a #1 receiver. Randy is, and I fear a talent like this being in our division.

Two more things.....

1) Do you live in NY? If so, I remind you that the Buffalo Bills football team is the only one that does you any good when you pay your taxes. We alone represent New York football.

2) If you must remain a jet fan, feel free to stick around. This board, the best football site on the internet, boasts respectful pats and dolphin fans, and we can use another perspective. You will catch a little grief, but just keep talking football and you will be accepted here quite well overall.

LTs are 2cnd highest paid because they protect the highest paid which are QBs. But also, because guys like Orlando Pace & Jonathan Ogden drive up the average. The best on the market this year is Walter Jones. We'd love to get him; doubt we will. After that there are some above-average guys like Ryan Diem & Victor Riley. We'll try and get one of them. Plus, with our cap situation, we have $$$$$ to spend on needs.

As for Hackett; he absolutely was the biggest part of the problem! When Chad is not playing with a torn rotator cuff; his arm strength is not a liability. Also, even though he played 8 games with a torn rotator cuff; he still led the NFL this year in QB Rating on passes that traveled over 20 yards in the air. Did you know that?

Randy Moss is on our wishlist. The buzz in Minnesota is that he is staying put. But, of all teams that are alleged to be "in the market," we can make the best offer by including John Abraham in the deal.

And I live in NJ; 5 miles from the stadium. Thanks for the welcome. I'm active on two other boards so I won't be around much. You will see me pop my head in now and then during the offseason. But you can bet your *censor* that you'll see me at least twice every season!

;)