Flutie backup JP

trock12

The fumble at the end of the Miami game came at the end of a scramble, when no one was open, look back at that game and you'll see that the biggest !@#$ up was Moulds celebrating on the twenty and getting stripped of the ball.  No, serioulsy.

238510[/snapback]

In one of your posts you appear to blame RJ for the Titans loss. What was the biggest #$%^ up of that particular game?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing.  Not that I'm an RJ fan (I say a pox on both their houses), but when RJ left the field in Nashville for the final time, his team was AHEAD.  Flutie's wasn't.

238526[/snapback]

So I guess you are all in agreement that if you had to choose between Flutie and RJ, you would choose RJ to QB the Bills next season?

And yes, I was at the Oilers game, and at the Bills v. the number one defense Ravens game wehre the Bills and Flutie won, and I was also at the Bills v. Chargers (in San Diego and in Buffalo) and I was at the Bills Redskins and sadly at the Pittsburgh game this year. And when the Bills finally win it all, I will be there too.

In one of your posts you appear to blame RJ for the Titans loss.  What was the biggest #$%^ up of that particular game?

238531[/snapback]

Not starting the QB that got them to the playoffs. That undoubtedly was the biggest %^&* up of the game. No last minute shoeless comeback necessary if you stuck with your nine win QB.

In my defense, I would remind everyone that I am only suggesting Flutie as the back up, not the starter. Who better to provide a brief spark off the bench. Really. Look how ticked off his mere mention has made all of you. Everyone seems so bnitter. Did you guys vote for Kerry?

In my defense, I would remind everyone that I am only suggesting Flutie as the back up, not the starter.  Who better to provide a brief spark off the bench.  Really.  Look how ticked off his mere mention has made all of you.  Everyone seems so bnitter.  Did you guys vote for Kerry?

238569[/snapback]

It's not the mere suggestion of Flutie returning that gets people on edge. That part just brings mild nausea.

It's when you start making things up about Flutie to make him look better that reminds many of us here of the terrible rift his presence (along with RJs) caused among Bills fans.

Saying things like: "If Moulds didn't showboat, we are in the AFC championship" reminds me (and probably many others) of both of the ridiculous lengths supporters of either player would go back in those days.

I'm all for a veteran mentor, but the chapter on Doug Flutie should be closed.

It's not the mere suggestion of Flutie returning that gets people on edge. That part just brings mild nausea.

It's when you start making things up about Flutie to make him look better that reminds many of us here of the terrible rift his presence (along with RJs) caused among Bills fans.

Saying things like: "If Moulds didn't showboat, we are in the AFC championship" reminds me (and probably many others) of both of the ridiculous lengths supporters of either player would go back in those days.

I'm all for a veteran mentor, but the chapter on Doug Flutie should be closed.

238588[/snapback]

It's just math. If Moulds didn't showboat we would have had seven more points. Unless you are one of those highly metaphysical types who thinks that everything would have been different if MOulds had held onto the ball. But with that logic, we can't really talk about the past at all. Seems jkind of boring. Besides, what do you ND fans talk about if not the past? Sorry, back to the well too quick, huh? :devil:

It's just math.  If Moulds didn't showboat we would have had seven more points.  Unless you are one of those highly metaphysical types who thinks that everything would have been different if MOulds had held onto the ball.  But with that logic, we can't really talk about the past at all.  Seems jkind of boring.

238592[/snapback]

IF Flutie didn't turn the ball over 3 times (or was it 4? I forget) that game, we could have won.

IF Andre Reed hadn't bumped the official at the goaline and gotten a 15 yd penalty, we would have gotten a TD instead of a FG and Flutie wouldn't have had to fumble away our last chance.

IF we win, we still have to beat the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION Broncos AT DENVER if we wish to make the AFC Championship (since apparently to you that was next on the list if Moulds doesn't showboat).

AND finally speaking of Moulds....9 Catches. 240 yds. Playoff record. I'm not gonna blame him for this one.

IF, IF, IF...

Besides, what do you ND fans talk about if not the past?  Sorry, back to the well too quick, huh? :devil:

and since you are back to ND again, Weis spoke to the students at 5:30 this morning about the team. After hearing him, I am confident that we won't be talking about the past for much longer. ;)

IF Flutie didn't turn the ball over 3 times (or was it 4? I forget) that game, we could have won.

IF Andre Reed hadn't bumped the official at the goaline and gotten a 15 yd penalty, we would have gotten a TD instead of a FG and Flutie wouldn't have had to fumble away our last chance.

IF we win, we still have to beat the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION Broncos AT DENVER if we wish to make the AFC Championship (since apparently to you that was next on the list if Moulds doesn't showboat).

AND finally speaking of Moulds....9 Catches. 240 yds. Playoff record. I'm not gonna blame him for this one.

IF, IF, IF...

and since you are back to ND again, Weis spoke to the students at 5:30 this morning about the team. After hearing him, I am confident that we won't be talking about the past for much longer. :devil:

238629[/snapback]

Uh...not for nothing there Bart, but who threw him the ball? You don't get that many yards and yard after the catch for poorly thrown balls. I recall flutie being razor sharp with getting the ball to moulds on the run in that game. Flutie, like kelly (in this respect particularly) is an INT waiting to happen. Flutie plays football by feel not by design. He establishes trust in his supporting cast (like moulds) and will throw the ball into bad situations and trust that his guy will know what's coming and win the battle. Sometimes, it is just plain dumb and bad, other times, it looks like pure genius and you get a feeling that your rarely get watching football. The game (i don't remember specifics) where flutie scrambled, ran across the field and then threw an overhand lateral to Thurman trailing the play just made you laugh and love watching a "game". The kind played by kids. Now, all this said, I will take Kelly over flutie every time, but in hindsight, had i known then that i would have to watch another 5-6 years of piss poor boring football, i would have endured flutie and a little excitement everyweek. It was certainly more fun drinking the Koolaide thinking that magic actually existed than watching a team with the second coming of joe fergy and the slumped and dejected look. My two cents, for what it is worth.

IF..IF...IF  my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle!

238784[/snapback]

Maybe she is, operations have been known to happen. Anyway, not quite sure where to post this so I thought here is as good a place as any.

Been sick all weekend, watching old NFL games. Anybody else realize that the Niners had 6, count em, six, turnovers in "The Catch" game. I know ol Joe never threw a pick in a Super Bowl, but he had three that day, and two of them, I swear to god, were as bad as anything that Drew threw this year.

Thats all

The game (i don't remember specifics) where flutie scrambled, ran across the field and then threw an overhand lateral to Thurman trailing the play just made you laugh and love watching a "game".

238781[/snapback]

How about the game where he hung Thurman out to dry on a poorly thrown screen and pretty much ended Thurman's career? Did that make you laugh and love watching a "game"?

:devil:

Uh...not for nothing there Bart, but who threw him the ball?  You don't get that many yards and yard after the catch for poorly thrown balls.  I recall flutie being razor sharp with getting the ball to moulds on the run in that game.  Flutie, like kelly (in this respect particularly) is an INT waiting to happen.  Flutie plays football by feel not by design.  He establishes trust in his supporting cast (like moulds) and will throw the ball into bad situations and trust that his guy will know what's coming and win the battle.  Sometimes, it is just plain dumb and bad, other times, it looks like pure genius and you get a feeling that your rarely get watching football. The game (i don't remember specifics) where flutie scrambled, ran across the field and then threw an overhand lateral to Thurman trailing the play just made you laugh and love watching a "game".  The kind played by kids.  Now, all this said, I will take Kelly over flutie every time, but in hindsight, had i known then that i would have to watch another 5-6 years of piss poor boring football, i would have endured flutie and a little excitement everyweek.  It was certainly more fun drinking the Koolaide thinking that magic actually existed than watching a team with the second coming of joe fergy and the slumped and dejected look.  My two cents, for what it is worth.

238781[/snapback]

Exactly, when it was fun to watch the Bills. You always thought that we could win every game. Now you feel, we could be sacked for a fifteen yard loss, or a fumble at any minute. I was behind DB, but maybe it is time for another new era. Seems like there is a new era every two years in Buffalo-where great defenses go to die.

How about the game where he hung Thurman out to dry on a poorly thrown screen and pretty much ended Thurman's career?  Did that make you laugh and love watching a "game"?

:blink:

238831[/snapback]

You know, that argument, that has surfaced here for years is just the stupidest thing i have ever seen. Let me ask you, should we all hate Jim Kelly for "hanging Don Beebe out to dry" where he ended up landing directly on his head and nearly broke his neck. The argument is ridiculous. Good god, get some perspective.

So I guess you are all in agreement that if you had to choose between Flutie and RJ, you would choose RJ to QB the Bills next season?

Since neither plays for this team, and because of that, neither is an option, this has got to be the stupidest question yet.

With that, your answer is: Neither player.

Just remember, RJ has a SB ring, DF can't even win a playoff game.

Since neither plays for this team, and because of that, neither is an option, this has got to be the stupidest question yet.

With that, your answer is: Neither player.

Just remember, RJ has a SB ring, DF can't even win a playoff game.

239455[/snapback]

You'll have a hard time trying to argue that RJ had much, or even anything at all, to do with that Superbowl win.