Flutie backup JP

trock12

I didn't watch it till much later cuz I was working. A friend was supposed to keep calling me at work when either team scored. Later, I asked him why he stopped during the 3rd quarter!

LMAO! This is the same loser who was on his knees for Randall Cunningham too!

;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, with the return of the Flutie fans come the rearing of the ugly heads of the fair weather fans.  I bet your the same guy who said "if the Oilers score one more point, I turning off the tv."  I would have said that you would have left the stadium, but I doubt you were there that day.

238121[/snapback]

Actually I was living and working here in hoosier land so I could not be at the stadium but I watched the entire game, every second, and it was a gem.

Nice try at slamming me though. When you graduate from highschool you will eventually see that your words are hypocritical and weak. But that is to be expected.

And actually, I do not have an ugly head. ;)

Now that the Buffalo News is reporting Drew is done in Buffalo, and that the Bills are looking for a one year or two year journeyman to come in and back up JP, why not Flutie, same style roll out scramble quarterback.  His mentoring helped turn Brees into the comeback player of the year, and we can all break out our old jerseys as we fold up the Bledsoes.  What are the chances of the Flute making a comeback.

237467[/snapback]

Never happen. Number 1 , he is under contract in SD. #2 heard him say while he hates to be the #3 in SD, his oldest daughter is a senior in high school, and wants to graduate from her current school in SD. No way he moves just to be #2 on a team instaed of #3.

I'll be honest, when I was 10 watching that game I turned it off when it was 35-3 and turned it back on when the Bills were down only a 3 or 10 points. I wish I did watch the whole game, but I don't feel shame in giving up on them. It's easy to say you watched the whole game after the fact.

238127[/snapback]

I was at the game, and remained for the entire thing. The best part: right behind me and my friends were Oilers fans. Real jerks who were relentless. Once the Bills had come back we turned around, and they had snuck out in shame. What a great game.

Hurl,

last time the Bills made it to the playoffs, under Flutie, two times in fact.  first time, if it wasn't for Moulds fumbling while showboating after an eighty yard catch they would have been in the AFC championship game, and second time, Flutie led them to the playoffs where he was replaced by RJ to suffer the most humiliating defeat (until this years Pittsburgh game)  Face it Flutie is the only winner to helm the Bills since Kelly.

237485[/snapback]

Yeah, it was great all those playoff games he won for us. ;)

Double-barf.

Now that the Buffalo News is reporting Drew is done in Buffalo, and that the Bills are looking for a one year or two year journeyman to come in and back up JP, why not Flutie, same style roll out scramble quarterback.  His mentoring helped turn Brees into the comeback player of the year, and we can all break out our old jerseys as we fold up the Bledsoes.  What are the chances of the Flute making a comeback.

237467[/snapback]

Holy crap. If I had to guess trock12 is just some regular with a new user name trying to ruffle feathers and agrue with himself to seem smarter. If not...........I can't even comment on this crap.

It's amazing how many people hate Flutie on this site. At the Chargers game in Buffalo two seasons ago, Flutie came in to relieve and the crowd went nuts, chanting Flutie, the snow was falling and the Chargers had done nothing all day. First snap the Flute completed a forty plus yarder right down the middle of the field. The Bills fans were going crazy, you would have thought we won the Super Bowl...(whatever that sounds like.)

237467[/snapback]

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

i feel better now.

It's amazing how many people hate Flutie on this site.  At the Chargers game in Buffalo two seasons ago, Flutie came in to relieve and the crowd went nuts, chanting Flutie, the snow was falling and the Chargers had done nothing all day.  First snap the Flute completed a forty plus yarder right down the middle of the field.  The Bills fans were going crazy, you would have thought we won the Super Bowl...(whatever that sounds like.)

238447[/snapback]

Who won that game?

Incidentally, "the Flute" was 3-11 in that stint for 64 yards. Here's a description of the play you're talking about:

1-10-SD 12 (8:23) D.Flutie in at QB. 7-D.Flutie pass to 80-C.Conway to BUF 41 for 47 yards (23-P.Prioleau). Pass tipped, bobbled and caught over middle at 50.

That took them to the Bills' 46. After that and a false start, he completed a ten-yard pass to Jonathan Peelle. Then LT ran for one yard. Then Flutie missed Curtis Conway on the sideline and Christie came in to kick a 53-yard field goal.

Flutie then completed one of his last nine passes in crunch time, including overthrowing two receivers in the back of the end zone to end the game.

I guarantee you the crowd was a lot louder on those last two plays.

It's amazing how many people hate Flutie on this site.  At the Chargers game in Buffalo two seasons ago, Flutie came in to relieve and the crowd went nuts, chanting Flutie, the snow was falling and the Chargers had done nothing all day.  First snap the Flute completed a forty plus yarder right down the middle of the field.  The Bills fans were going crazy, you would have thought we won the Super Bowl...(whatever that sounds like.)

238447[/snapback]

You just illustrated why a lot of Bills fans resent Flutie. He made a lot of people fans of him rather than fans of the actual team.

You just illustrated why a lot of Bills fans resent Flutie. He made a lot of people fans of him rather than fans of the actual team.

238476[/snapback]

Interesting, he made fans of him, not of the team. Wow, imagine a quarterback with some appeal. And how do you think people became fans of him? Maybe because he was fun to watch and made the impossible possible (like going for it in Baltimore on four and fifteen, and scrambling for an eighteen yard gain.) All of the other Bills QB's since Kelly were all about the fans loving the team, until the middle of November when we had been eliminated.

By the way, I have not heard Rich Stadium as loud as when Flutie completed that pass, until Rob Johnson came in in relief for the skins and he got sacked. RJ- the QB all Bills fans hate. Flutie, the QB Bills fans secretly know would have won that Titans game.

238476[/snapback]

Especially the Canadians who came in with their parkas stuffed with cans of Molson, smoked throughout the game, and repeatedly slurred "Come on, let's see some FWOOTIEball, eh?"

Sat next to a group of those fools all during the '98 and '99 seasons. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Flutie.

Interesting, he made fans of him, not of the team.  Wow, imagine a quarterback with some appeal.  And how do you think people became fans of him?  Maybe because he was fun to watch and made the impossible possible (like going for it in Baltimore on four and fifteen, and scrambling for an eighteen yard gain.)  All of the other Bills QB's since Kelly were all about the fans loving the team, until the middle of November when we had been eliminated.

By the way, I have not heard Rich Stadium as loud as when Flutie completed that pass, until Rob Johnson came in in relief for the skins and he got sacked.  RJ- the QB all Bills fans hate.  Flutie, the QB Bills fans secretly know would have won that Titans game.

238485[/snapback]

The problem is not that he appealed to fans, but that fans would get to the point where they were rooting for Flutie against their own team. That's when it goes too far. I don't think that RJ was better than Flutie, I just don't like the way Flutie fans act. The problem with Flutie was that you knew how far he could get you, which was the first round of the playoffs. He was a gimmicky QB that good defenses had figured out by the end of 99. He could put up amazing plays against bad to mediocre defenses but coaches like Belichick had figured out how to stop him, i.e. don't rush stay near the line of scrimmage and block his passing lanes.

Yeah because he won that Miami game the year before, right?

238494[/snapback]

The fumble at the end of the Miami game came at the end of a scramble, when no one was open, look back at that game and you'll see that the biggest !@#$ up was Moulds celebrating on the twenty and getting stripped of the ball. No, serioulsy.

The fumble at the end of the Miami game came at the end of a scramble, when no one was open, look back at that game and you'll see that the biggest !@#$ up was Moulds celebrating on the twenty and getting stripped of the ball.

238510[/snapback]

Nothing you said in that sentence (or entire thread for that matter) has been true.

possible exception: maybe you were at the Oilers game? half credit.

The fumble at the end of the Miami game came at the end of a scramble, when no one was open, look back at that game and you'll see that the biggest !@#$ up was Moulds celebrating on the twenty and getting stripped of the ball.  No, serioulsy.

238510[/snapback]

Funny thing. Not that I'm an RJ fan (I say a pox on both their houses), but when RJ left the field in Nashville for the final time, his team was AHEAD. Flutie's wasn't.