Flutie backup JP

trock12

Now that the Buffalo News is reporting Drew is done in Buffalo, and that the Bills are looking for a one year or two year journeyman to come in and back up JP, why not Flutie, same style roll out scramble quarterback. His mentoring helped turn Brees into the comeback player of the year, and we can all break out our old jerseys as we fold up the Bledsoes. What are the chances of the Flute making a comeback.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the Buffalo News is reporting Drew is done in Buffalo, and that the Bills are looking for a one year or two year journeyman to come in and back up JP, why not Flutie, same style roll out scramble quarterback.  His mentoring helped turn Brees into the comeback player of the year, and we can all break out our old jerseys as we fold up the Bledsoes.  What are the chances of the Flute making a comeback.

237467[/snapback]

I think I'm gonna hurl!

Hurl,

last time the Bills made it to the playoffs, under Flutie, two times in fact. first time, if it wasn't for Moulds fumbling while showboating after an eighty yard catch they would have been in the AFC championship game, and second time, Flutie led them to the playoffs where he was replaced by RJ to suffer the most humiliating defeat (until this years Pittsburgh game) Face it Flutie is the only winner to helm the Bills since Kelly.

Hurl,

last time the Bills made it to the playoffs, under Flutie, two times in fact.  first time, if it wasn't for Moulds fumbling while showboating after an eighty yard catch they would have been in the AFC championship game, and second time, Flutie led them to the playoffs where he was replaced by RJ to suffer the most humiliating defeat (until this years Pittsburgh game)  Face it Flutie is the only winner to helm the Bills since Kelly.

237485[/snapback]

And maybe if a certain QB hadn't fumbled on the doorstep of a winning TD against Miami....

If Flutie is what made Brees good, then how do you reconcile that with Brees poor play in the previous years he was under Flutie's impressive tutelage?

Rlflutie?

237514[/snapback]

I wouldn't be against Flutie going back to the Bills. I still have a lot of Bills clothes in my closet that I could wear. Then again I wear the stuff anyway.

And I know Ralph Wilson would take Flutie back even though he hated him. But that would only happen if Flutie played for the veteran minimum. Then penny wise and pound foolish Wilson would be dancing on the kitchen table.

"I got Flutie cheap"!

Yep,  you can always tell when the offseason begins.  Here come the Flutie fans out of hiding.

237640[/snapback]

And that sure is an earlier offseason for Bills fans ever since Flutie left town isn't it Brandon.

BTW: JP will have to give up the #7.

And that sure is an earlier offseason for Bills fans ever since Flutie left town isn't it Brandon.

BTW: JP will have to give up the #7.

237647[/snapback]

By what, a week? I could care less about a trip to the wildcard round. I'd hope that the Bills plan on achieving more than an early playoff exit.

The irony here is that there is a perfect QB to play the back-up role to JP. He:

1. Has a record of grooming a young QB who won an SB and gives this back-up great credit for helping him understand NFL offenses and defenses even though like JP he was a second year NFL vet who never started his rookie year.

2. This back-up took over the QB spot when the young QB got nicked by injury and the back-up successfully played QB in a must win game and even through the winning TD that allowed the youngster to come back in win the SB.

3. The bak-up has a record of gracefully seeing that the youngster was the future for the team and that his QB play in the must-win game was successful but far from stunning and went back to the back-up role rather than becoming a cancer.

4. The back-up had actually led a team to the Big Dance before and that experience not coupled with being on a team that won an SB has got to be helpful for a team.

That QBs name? Drew Bledsoe! I can see why TD offered him a shot at an open competition with JP. it doesn't look like he will be man enough to take on this challenge and it is unfortunate for the Bills because his $4.3 million in deadspace in conjunction with what a back-up QB in 05 will cost us will be hard to manage.

Oh well, those of us who lived through the DF/RJ contract debacle and fight have seen worse. I hope he stays as a back-up because it is so much better for us but I doubt he will.

I know I am only working with an rural WNY education, but this has got to be the absolute worst post ever.

The gall of Douggie Fruities relatives finding this gem of a site and posting that opening thread. Why we ought to......I can not even think of a comeback to that nauseating thread.

Jesus if that were to ever happen I would absolutely become a Colts fan immediately, and never look back.

I would rather the Bills up and move to LA, I could live with that; but Fruitie back at quarterback - that would end it for me - no mas no mas!!

Hurl,

last time the Bills made it to the playoffs, under Flutie, two times in fact.  first time, if it wasn't for Moulds fumbling while showboating after an eighty yard catch they would have been in the AFC championship game, and second time, Flutie led them to the playoffs where he was replaced by RJ to suffer the most humiliating defeat (until this years Pittsburgh game)  Face it Flutie is the only winner to helm the Bills since Kelly.

237485[/snapback]

It would be like a troll to post only partial truths.

Who fumbled at the goal line at the end of the game?

Please go back to your cave.

I know I am only working with an rural WNY education, but this has got to be the absolute worst post ever. 

The gall of Douggie Fruities relatives finding this gem of a site and posting that opening thread.  Why we ought to......I can not even think of a comeback to that nauseating thread.

Jesus if that were to ever happen I would absolutely become a Colts fan immediately, and never look back.

I would rather the Bills up and move to LA, I could live with that; but Fruitie back at quarterback - that would end it for me - no mas no mas!!

237813[/snapback]

Ahh, with the return of the Flutie fans come the rearing of the ugly heads of the fair weather fans. I bet your the same guy who said "if the Oilers score one more point, I turning off the tv." I would have said that you would have left the stadium, but I doubt you were there that day.

Ahh, with the return of the Flutie fans come the rearing of the ugly heads of the fair weather fans.  I bet your the same guy who said "if the Oilers score one more point, I turning off the tv."  I would have said that you would have left the stadium, but I doubt you were there that day.

238121[/snapback]

I'll be honest, when I was 10 watching that game I turned it off when it was 35-3 and turned it back on when the Bills were down only a 3 or 10 points. I wish I did watch the whole game, but I don't feel shame in giving up on them. It's easy to say you watched the whole game after the fact.