Who might other sign from the Bills cuts

KingRex

In general, I feel OK about the Bills cuts. However, there are a couple that are open to at least question in my mind. I think actually part of the reason we cut below 53 is that we might resign a couple of these guys quicker than folks think

# 1- I was an early advocate of a Cassel cut (even while GR and Carucci had given him the #1 QB job) but actually had changed my mind when Rex started talking about keeping 3 QBs and my thinking through Cassel's actual market value.

I will not be shocked to see Belicheat sign Cassel. NE is set at QB after the Goodell loss in court. However, he has released his disaster QB so there is a slot open on the roster. It strikes me a pretty consistent with his past actions to sign Cassel because in essence he has the Bills entire playbook in his head and also great knowledge of the Ryan/Roman thinking process.

With Brady in hand, the Bills do not scare me if I am Belicheat, but Garapolo as my #2 while OK is not great. I sign Cassel and promise him a chance to compete for #2 but no guarantee. Further, I know I have two games against the Bills and one as soon as week 2 so getting the info I can get from Cassel makes him worth paying.

I think though Rex knows this and may have had a heart to heart with Meh saying, I cannot make Pegula pay $4million and not use ya which I am not.

However, if you take the cut and void your current deal I will resign you for $2 mill or something.

#2- Cut of Meeks who was on the roster last year and leaving us with only Graham at SS (particularly with Darby being OK but questionable as a #1 which might force Graham back to CB is a question for me.

3. Depth issues also raise questions about Richardson cut and paucity across the league of OL players with some pro experience may interest me

I doubt Cassell would sign with the Pats, with very little chance he would ever see action the entire season.

Red Bryant will get picked up. The Colts unfortunately may sign him.

Meeks will probably get a look although PS may be the spot for him. Thompson, when he is healthy, will definitely be brought in for tryouts and depending on how he looks, should make some team as a 5-6.

I doubt Cassell would sign with the Pats, with very little chance he would ever see action the entire season.

Red Bryant will get picked up. The Colts unfortunately may sign him.

Meeks will probably get a look although PS may be the spot for him. Thompson, when he is healthy, will definitely be brought in for tryouts and depending on how he looks, should make some team as a 5-6.

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Matt_Cassel

Fed Jackson for sure!! In fact Seattle already signed him. After Shady he was the most talented back on the Bills roster. He was also their best pass blocking back, hands down. You also saw him run for a 41 yard gain in his only preseason appearance. That has to be the longest run of anybody on the Bills roster. That proves the guy can still play even at age 34. The Bills did him a great favor even though Jackson didn't realize it at the time. He was here so long he didn't want to leave Buffalo. But he will find out it was a blessing in disguise. It will give him a chance to save his career and go out in style. Ten years in Baffablow and he never played in a post season game. 15 years and still running. There's a real good chance it will be 16 years after this season. As long as Belichick and Brady are in the division the Bills chances to make the playoffs are very, very SLIM. Their only prayer would be to get a wild card.

In Seattle he will not only play in the post season but has a great chance to win a super bowl ring. If he stayed in Buffalo the only way he would ever see a super bowl ring is on a picture on the internet. I would love to see Fred play in a super bowl, heaven knows he deserves it after spending all those years in football hell.

playing behind palmer again??? :doh:

who better to do the job? Palmer started looking like he did a decade ago before kimo von oelhoffen took out his knee. Now that Palmer looks like the stud in AZ why not bring in the best backup he has ever had?