Preseason Game 4: Bills at Lions

YoloinOhio

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with all that. Tarpley is only one who made team to me. Lewis had an excellent game although not enough to even get to PS (he may have to beat out Davis and Thompson).

I thought Simms sucked despite what the announcers said. Bryce looked good. Wood looked like PS worthy. No TEs distinguished themselves. Reddick looked decent enough. IK made THREE intolerable plays. Brooks lucked out, not sure he was good the whole game. Butler looked horrible on the TD. Not worried yet about Carpenter. Schmidt could be a pro bowl punter in two years.

Why two years? Why not this year?

How did that new Center do that we brought in?

I didn't see him play. He may not have played at all. If they were able to sneak him in, it must have been later in the fourth quarter somewhere. They showed him on the sidelines. He had pads on but looked pretty relaxed and not all sweaty as players tend to get when they are actually playing. Urbik flat out sucked as a backup center. You have to be able to snap the ball right. That is center play 101.

Why two years? Why not this year?

I didn't see him play. He may not have played at all. If they were able to sneak him in, it must have been later in the fourth quarter somewhere. They showed him on the sidelines. He had pads on but looked pretty relaxed and not all sweaty as players tend to get when they are actually playing. Urbik flat out sucked as a backup center. You have to be able to snap the ball right. That is center play 101.

i heard that the new center did get into the game late but didn't see the game yet. He is likely our new backup center because neither urbik or Kupper appear capable of cleanly snapping the ball. Edited by YoloinOhio

oh, he's talented but he the way he carries the ball is troublesome. Earlier in the game he didn't switch hands while making contact with a DB.

The thing that most people forget about Bryce Brown is how little actual football experience he has. He's a project - really the RB version of Big Shadow only having shown something in the NFL - never stuck with and played for a college program significantly, here because of natural athleticism that's can't be coached, but green as grass. The question was "could he be coached up?" and the answer seems to be "not quickly enough". I can understand why they want to keep him, but I don't agree with the narrative that he was playing last night 'cuz he's "making a bid to fill a key backup role". I think they're trying to decide whether they keep him as #4 or try to stash Cierre Wood on PS.

i heard that the new center did get into the game late but didn't see the game yet. He is likely our new backup center because neither urbik or Kupper appear capable of cleanly snapping the ball.

Yep. My only question is why did the Bills wait so long to audition different backup centers? Unless there was no one sitting at home that they liked and they were salivating waiting for the cutdown lists to emerge.

Rex's reaction - grabs microphone, says "We gotta get a fuc*** kicker in here. This is bull****." Get whaley on the phone. "Whaley you gotta get me a fuc**** kicker."

Good week for a prank caller to phone Rex and claim to be Tampa Bay's general manager. "Hey you need a kicker up there?"

Ha, ha, from the Snooze game recap:

“Certainly, we’ve got some issues,” Ryan said. “Hell, we can’t make a field goal. So we’d better be looking for any guy that’s ever kicked a football in his life.” They “will get an opportunity here. I’m tired of seeing us miss a field goal. We’ve got a kickoff guy” Jordan Gay “and we miss field goals. I don’t get it.

“I don’t know if there’s any out there, but nobody gets this job by default. I’m very disappointed in that, and I don’t care who knows it.”

Cleaned up for a family rag, you got it pretty close! Translation "Whaley, you gotta get me a fuc**** kicker, get 3 in here, h**l get 10!"

Edited by Hopeful