Losman was the first to report

Thailog80

I've seen PLENTY of posts saying that we can do no worse with JPL than with DB.  That's the part I have a serious issue with.

Fact of the matter is, with one less mistake by NC, TH, CV, DB, EM,  etc, etc, we would've been in the playoffs.  To think that ANY QB would've done as well or better is just crazy talk.

237868[/snapback]

Yeah, well, that's not what I said.

I will say this: Anyone who thinks we're winning a SB with Bledsoe as our QB is just plain nuts. Don't know if Losman is the man (or will ever be) but we know DB is not.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Losman was the first to report to camp...

Nice......I like reading that. It shows me that he's eager to get to work on HIS team.

237322[/snapback]

He must not be a union guy, that's for sure!

Oh, wait... where am I?

Sorry, wrong thread.

:rolleyes:

Bledsoe made $2.25M, while Brooks made $3.25M, according to the NFLPA.

CW

237905[/snapback]

Can't use that as a guide, as it only shows salary. Bledsoe got a $6MM bonus, on top of his $2.25MM salary in '04. Not to shabby for a middling QB.

Bledsoe made $2.25M, while Brooks made $3.25M, according to the NFLPA.

CW

237905[/snapback]

Your not adding in bonus. Besides, whats your point? Two teams that didnt go to the playoffs and have overpaid QB's should stand pat with what they have and just keep missing the playoffs?

You seem to be not addressing one critical part. We need to find a way to win the damn division that means beating the Pats and Drew plays crappy against them. Do you hosetly believe we can go to the SB by playing ALL the playoff games on the road? Or that we wont face NE in the playoffs? Drew just doesnt play well against them, are you willing to take that huge chance?

I am the only one who sees this as the tipoff that the Bills have notified J.P. that the decision has been made (he's starting!) and to get his behind to Buffalo, New York? If the learning curve is SO steep, then no time like the present to get started! The "changing of the guard" could not be more obvious, in my opinion. I, like others here, love that type of commitment to the "art" of Qbing in this league. Manning and Brady are examples, and as such, we may have that special guy on the roster right now! The possibilities are exciting to me!!!!

The off-season doesn't start until after the Pro Bowl IMHO.

And why the hell doesn't JPL live in Buffalo?  What a freak'n loser!  If he cared about the Bills, he'd buy a house here!!!! (isn't that what everyone said about RJ, because he only rented an apartment?)

CW

237903[/snapback]

Nope. After the Super Bowl, the standings, stats, etc are all reset. Books are closed on the year. Winner for this year is decided. Pro Bowl is an exhibition game. If the Pro Bowl performance is actually factored into a player's stats for the year, then it might be part of the year. :rolleyes:

And RJ didn't even bother renting an apartment. He stayed at a hotel. That's what people were getting on him about. Losman? He's actually living in downtown Buffalo. Not a lot of players you can say that about....

And RJ didn't even bother renting an apartment.  He stayed at a hotel.  That's what people were getting on him about.  Losman?  He's actually living in downtown Buffalo.  Not a lot of players you can say that about....

237984[/snapback]

Great, so not only do we have to worry about him getting injured on the field, we have to worry about him getting shot on the way to practice? :rolleyes:

CW

He's doing the one thing Brady said he could do better than Bledsoe--work/prepare harder.  I like the fact he is there first.  Earns the respect of his teammates and especially the veterans.  Much easier to work out at home in Venice Beach, but not nearly as productive.  He needs SOOOOO much preparation and coaching, but glad he took the first step.  Kudos to JP for that.

237404[/snapback]

I have to wonder why Drew was never the type of player to work and prepare like some of his compitition. He gave 100% on game day, but to me he was not someone who wanted to win real bad. Did he feel he was already heading off to be a HOFER or was family time just more important? Not that family is a bad reason but his lack of focus and desire is what is moving him on to his 3rd team in 4 years.

Great, so not only do we have to worry about him getting injured on the field, we have to worry about him getting shot on the way to practice?  0:)

CW

238006[/snapback]

Nahh, he's living in the revitalized Lafayette St area. Of course that could lead to an injury trying to practice while hungover. :rolleyes:

Losman has alot of work ahead of him.

Ain't that the truth! Him reporting early shouldn't be noteworthy. What WOULD have been noteworthy is if he DIDN'T report early. I mean it's not like he has a wife and kids or many outside responsibilities. He SHOULD be living in Buffalo year-round until he's learned the system inside and out and proven himself. Hopefully that's what will happen.