Pouncey out 8 weeks - still take Bell #1 overall??

YoloinOhio

I had a "for fun league" draft last Saturday and unfortunately #1 was handed to me. I went with Bell. Last year he tore it up for me along side Demarco Murray,

I feel like the rest of the RB's are less of a certainty for a #1 pick, he just has too much upside even with the 2 game suspension.

A theory I hear is that losing the first game or two is beneficial anyway because the surprise players on waivers fall to you then. Although I would never intentionally lose, it is another potential upside for taking Bell

Can I ask how your league picks draft spots? Are they randomly assigned? Or do you get to pick your spot, and you were the last sucker to pick?

I had a "for fun league" draft last Saturday and unfortunately #1 was handed to me. I went with Bell. Last year he tore it up for me along side Demarco Murray,

I feel like the rest of the RB's are less of a certainty for a #1 pick, he just has too much upside even with the 2 game suspension.

A theory I hear is that losing the first game or two is beneficial anyway because the surprise players on waivers fall to you then. Although I would never intentionally lose, it is another potential upside for taking Bell

Can I ask how your league picks draft spots? Are they randomly assigned? Or do you get to pick your spot, and you were the last sucker to pick?

it was randomly assigned. I did a mock today and took Bell, and then Melvin Gordon in the 2nd. I am told I need to also take Dangelo Williams since he's his backup? I don't know if I really want to waste a spot on him.

Don't worry- they use him everywhere and the kid runs hard... My buddies are all steelers fans so when the bills are away I am forced to watch them- I can't tell you how many times he looked bottled up for no gain or maybe 3 yards and turned in into 8-10...

ok! I need to let it go, the pressure of having the first pick is getting to me!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.