Sunday Ticket Streaming Service

Just picked up another season for DirecTv's NFL Sunday Ticket streaming. Not a horrible deal at 199.99 for the season, but when I chose the most basic option I was given a free upgrade to the Maxed out service which costs 359.99. Not sure if it is a limited time deal or not, but if you are thinking of getting the streaming service this year I would probably pull the trigger now and try to get the free upgrades.

• 3 months later...

I love the email they send you "No Satellite Required!"

* satellite actually required, unless we decide you can't get it

Isn't it time for the NFL/Direct TV to just join the 21st century and let anyone who wants to buy their product buy their product?

Charge more if you need to if someone isn't on your special gold list. Even at $500 a season it's still cheaper than going to a couple games.

Edited by TheFunPolice

When we were in an apartment complex a few years back (in NE* country nonetheless) I tried to get this service.

No dice. We "could" get DirectTV!

No we could not. Our apartment complex specifically forbids them in the lease.

I actually offered to subscribe to Direct TV and just pay the $30 a month for a basic package that I would never use just to then be able to subscribe to streaming to see my Bills games.

My plan was just to keep everything in my closet all boxed up and just use the streaming service.

No dice. They refused to just take my money and insisted on coming over to install the service and verify everything.

That's Direct TV logic! So they got $0 instead.

Do you know what the qualifiers are? Last year I just barely didn't qualify.

They seem to maintain a database of addresses that can't get DTV. If you live at one, you're in. The easier back door is if you know a college student with their own credit card. Have them sign up and use their login.

My plan was just to keep everything in my closet all boxed up and just use the streaming service.

No dice. They refused to just take my money and insisted on coming over to install the service and verify everything.

That's Direct TV logic! So they got $0 instead.

Depending on the installer, a simple $20 tip for their "install" would be all you needed. I can't think of any installer that would turn down $20 to just hand everything over and drive away.