Importance of playmakers in the red zone?

Are Harvin, McCoy, Clay and Watkins the type of playmakers that matter in the red zone?

Guys like Jimmy Graham, Gronk and Calvin Johnson are.

Just trying to assess whether or not I should be excited that are offense made it to the 20.

clay, Watkins, woods

They will only be as good as the QB allows them to be.

I think any of our QBs could throw a jump ball for Calvin Johnson in the endzone from inside the 20. You have hit on the nature of my original question. I don't think there are many players that make a QB better in the red zone.

Are they among the top 2-3 red zone targets in the entire nfl? No.

Are they top end talents that can make plays anywhere on the field including the red zone? Absolutely.

They are excellent talents. I guess I could rephrase the question to more specific versions of it. For example, does Sammy Watkins give you a better red zone chance than Robert Woods. Does Lesean McCoy help your redzone offense more than CJ Spiller?

They are excellent talents. I guess I could rephrase the question to more specific versions of it. For example, does Sammy Watkins give you a better red zone chance than Robert Woods. Does Lesean McCoy help your redzone offense more than CJ Spiller?

McCoy over spiller? Definitive yes. Better instincts/vision.

Watkins vs wood? I'd venture both are quick, both run good routes, both good hands.... Better red zone target is likely whoever has better chemistry with the qb or the better matchup on the given play. If forced to choose, 1 play, it'd be Sammy, and that's true anywhere on the field.

Clay vs chandler? Chandlers bigger but clay does everything else better. If throwing a ball 9 ft high and hoping he comes down chandler is better but in a misdirection play, a play action with block and release, or pretty much anything else, clay.