Trade/Draft Scenario...

Bill from NYC

It has been a long day and I am tired, but here it goes......

1) Bills sign Hasselbeck as a UFA.

2) They trade JP to Seattle for a 1st round draft pick.

3) Bills win the superbowl.

Blast away, because I am tired and have to work tomorrow. :doh:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was always also kind of intrigued with Hasselbeck.

But then he audibled out of a play into that out on 1stdown in OT of a playoff game, then proceeded to throw the pick'n' go to McKenzie (or Harris?) to eliminate his team. He instantly dropped off my radar screen and became a guy I don't want in a Bills uni when things get tight.

I know you're catching a bad vibe from JP, and frankly he's yet to show me anything outside the preseason. But is there anything else beside a gut feeling that would make you want to deal him away for less than we got him for before he's even had a chance to play ball for the Bills?

Cya

I was always also kind of intrigued with Hasselbeck.

But then he audibled out of a play into that out on 1stdown in OT of a playoff game, then proceeded to throw the pick'n' go to McKenzie (or Harris?) to eliminate his team. He instantly dropped off my radar screen and became a guy I don't want in a Bills uni when things get tight.

I know you're catching a bad vibe from JP, and frankly he's yet to show me anything outside the preseason. But is there anything else beside a gut feeling that would make you want to deal him away for less than we got him for before he's even had a chance to play ball for the Bills?

Cya

236509[/snapback]

I have liked Hasselbeck since he backed up Favre. He HAS played in cold weather, has pocket presence, can move a little, and is willing to foresake stats and hand the ball off.

As for the trade, if they would give a bit more, no problem!

PS: Imo, Hasselbeck would provide the Bills with a FAR greater chance of winning than JP.

I would do whatever it took to get out of Seattle if I were Hasslebeck.  Hes a great QB but his WRs cannot catch the ball.  Walter Jones will probably walk and possibly Alexander.  Sayanora Seahawks

236512[/snapback]

Seattle is way over the cap, and will go thru salary cap hell & purge this year.

I would be in favor of Brees. I just see that with Losman, it's going to take a few years for him. By then guys will be over the hill like Adams, Fletcher, Milloy, Spikes, Williams, Moulds, etc......and we will be re-building. The "D" is here now, we need to win now, get an experienced QB. Plus, Losman could always be the next Todd Collins, there are no guarantees he'll be a stud QB

All this talk about QBs for you, have you forgotten that you drafted a QB with a first round pick just last year? All the Dolfans would love to have hope in a QB like you have hope in Losman, but this thread is depressing. Develop what you have, and you wont have to worry about the Salary Cap.

I would do whatever it took to get out of Seattle if I were Hasslebeck.  Hes a great QB but his WRs cannot catch the ball.  Walter Jones will probably walk and possibly Alexander.  Sayanora Seahawks

236512[/snapback]

LOL. How are our receivers at catching the rock? Lee is the only one who cares about winning right now.

LOL.  How are our receivers at catching the rock?  Lee is the only one who cares about winning right now.

236533[/snapback]

Obviously you have not caught a Seahawks game lately. Darryl Jackson and Koren Robinson are 1-2 in the NFL in dropped passes

Seattle is way over the cap, and will go thru salary cap hell & purge this year.

I would be in favor of Brees.  I just see that with Losman, it's going to take a few years for him.  By then guys will be over the hill like Adams, Fletcher, Milloy, Spikes, Williams, Moulds, etc......and we will be re-building.  The "D" is here now, we need to win now, get an experienced QB.  Plus, Losman could always be the next Todd Collins, there are no guarantees he'll be a stud QB

236521[/snapback]

Actually, Seattle is way under the cap with approximately 24 million in cap space.

236512[/snapback]

Jones will get his annual franchise tag, and with about 24 million in cap space expect at least one of Hasslebeck or Alexander to stay (Seattle can afford to overpay to keep one of them if the other walks).