Winston vs Bridgewater on NFLN

YoloinOhio

Teddy B is awesome. I didn't think he looked very good vs bills last year but he has really improved. If he can stay healthy the Vikes have a chance at the playoffs.

Winston... Kind of a slow start

That's pretty much his M.O. He looked bad those first couple throws, then he found his footing. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Teddy's looking pretty good, dating back to the final stretch of last year. The Vikes got a tough division but I think they could be a scary team this year. Must feel good for him to be the final QB taken in the first round of 2014, but actually producing.

Side notes related to 2014 QB's:

1. I didn't catch the entire Steelers/Jags game, but:

A. How did Bortles look?

B. Did they get a camera shot of Marrone looking like a douche?

2. Did anyone else hear the NFL commentary on Mettenberger being possible trade bait to our Buffalo Bills?

Hope everyones having a good Saturday!

P.S. REEEEBBBEEEELLLLSSSSS!!!!!

How is Bridgewater's arm strength? That was always the knock on him. I sure saw him float passes that required a strong arm last season, but if he's improved to where that isn't a problem anymore he could be a stellar QB.

not sure, he fired one into the end zone but it was dropped(similar to TT's throw to Goodwin last night). He's just so darn accurate. And seems to really read the whole field.

Teddy's looking pretty good, dating back to the final stretch of last year. The Vikes got a tough division but I think they could be a scary team this year. Must feel good for him to be the final QB taken in the first round of 2014, but actually producing.

Side notes related to 2014 QB's:

1. I didn't catch the entire Steelers/Jags game, but:

A. How did Bortles look?

B. Did they get a camera shot of Marrone looking like a douche?

2. Did anyone else hear the NFL commentary on Mettenberger being possible trade bait to our Buffalo Bills?

Hope everyones having a good Saturday!

P.S. REEEEBBBEEEELLLLSSSSS!!!!!

Were they just talking about it or was their a credible report?

not sure, he fired one into the end zone but it was dropped(similar to TT's throw to Goodwin last night). He's just so darn accurate. And seems to really read the whole field.

Early he took a shot into the end zone (we might be talking about the same pass) but it looked a little under thrown and resulted into a "jump ball" situation with Mike Wallace (i believe). When he released the ball it kind of floated, where as if it had a little more behind it he could have gotten Wallace in stride for a TD.

Were they just talking about it or was their a credible report?

I think it was just a discussion about Wisenhunt being in a difficult position due to Mariota's draft position and already declaring him the week 1 starter, even though Mettenberger is out playing him.

But if it was a viable option would you be on board? (I guess this deserves a completely different thread).

Early he took a shot into the end zone (we might be talking about the same pass) but it looked a little under thrown and resulted into a "jump ball" situation with Mike Wallace (i believe). When he released the ball it kind of floated, where as if it had a little more behind it he could have gotten Wallace in stride for a TD.

I think it was just a discussion about Wisenhunt being in a difficult position due to Mariota's draft position and already declaring him the week 1 starter, even though Mettenberger is out playing him.

But if it was a viable option would you be on board? (I guess this deserves a completely different thread).

Well there are two threads about it :D

Depends on what they want to trade for him, I was not a fan of his college but I haven't seen him in the NFL. EJ is what he is so bringing in another guy can't hurt.

Watching the game now and Shaun Hill , who I wanted, looks sharp with a live arm and two TDs. Would have been much better than Cassel and the draft pick we wasted on him.

i don't know. He's never been a starter and I think they wanted someone who has been a successful starter in the past but also could willingly be a vet backup, depending on how things shook out. Hill is a decent backup and can look ok in the preseason but when he's had to play in the regular season it's been as a replacement. Edited by YoloinOhio