Tasers

VABills

I am sure by now everyone has heard about the teen that is in serious condition after getting zapped and the guy who died yesterday. I am sure that tasers have been used a lot to subdue perps with very few "bad" incidents such as this.

My question is what does the media think should happen? You know the other choice is these criminals would be shot with a Glock from short range and death toll would be a lot higher. But of course, I forgot, the media doesn't deal in fact, just fantasies and imaginations to sell.

Contrary to popular belief, cops don't just taze folks for the hell of it. If you weren't being an a-hole to begin with, you wouldn't have gotten tazed. This always seems to be lost in the articles you read about the injuries that occur.

240082[/snapback]

Reminds me of the U of MD students who rioted after the Terps-Duke game...and are now complaining about police brutality. Hey...you don't like having the sh-- beat out of you by the police, don't !@#$ing riot!!!! :D

Contrary to popular belief, cops don't just taze folks for the hell of it. If you weren't being an a-hole to begin with, you wouldn't have gotten tazed. This always seems to be lost in the articles you read about the injuries that occur.

240082[/snapback]

I know that. This was my point, either they get tased and one out of a million dies, or we start shooting with glocks from 10 feet. Me I think the world would probably be better off with the second option, but someone thinks that we ought to be gentler in our justice.

reminds me of the beavis and butthead episode they get busted by the cops and beavis is saying "use the taser!!!  the taser!!! zap him in the butt"

240330[/snapback]

It also reminds me of the infamous "telephone pole" thread that started with my seemingly innocuous tazer reference. Perhaps the greatest PPP thread of all time.