Hammerstick's pre-pre-season 53 Man Roster

I completely disagree with this. The one thing you can say about Cassel is that he is a known commodity in a regular season game. Mediocre, sure. But, if we only carry two QBs, EJ/Taylor (or Taylor/EJ... whichever) could end up looking a lot like 2013. And, if we carry three, which seems likely to me, given our situation, it better not be EJ/Taylor/Simms. That would look even more like 2013!

I believe that when the decision is made whether or not to keep Cassel, his price tag will not even enter the conversation. But, as far as "separation" is concerned, I think, in regards to Cassel, the question is more about consistency. Has Cassel become more consistent through TC? And, I think the answer is, yes. I don't think anyone was hoping, or expecting Cassel to turn into something other than Cassel. If EJ, or Tyrod were to pull away in TC, there is still no guarantee that they would consistently perform in the regular season. The reason for Cassel to be on the QB roster would be to provide some consistency, mediocre that may be. Because, consistently mediocre may end up being our best option, sad to say.

+ 1

nice post

2013 Bills QBs? Yikes. EJ/Taylor/Simms = 2013 Bills QBs - 2.0

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything I read is that Cassel has had the most consistent performances over the past week after starting really slow. I think his poor mini camp and slow start to training camp are behind him... he will be the mediocre Matt Cassel that we know him to be and he will be our starter. Who takes the second spot will depend on pre-season action. It is fair to say Tyrod has had an edge over EJ so far in camp but also telling that in the scrimmage EJ was much stronger. I suspect EJ edges out Tyrod based on on the field action against (semi) live bullets but I might be wrong.