Bills QB IN 2005?

marck

It does appear as the Bills will be moving forward with a new QB in 2005.

With that in mind and taking into consideration that J.P. Loseman is our future QB, the question is what to do in 2005.

I see the Bills developing an offensive strategy that includes rollouts and some QB draws and other mtion type plays. This plays into the strength of JP. If he is our starting QB in 2005, the back-up must have similar skills so in case of injury or poor play, the same offense can be run.

It then becomes very appearant that Drew does not fit that style and will be moved off the Bills roster. Like many fans, I appreciate his time here and wish him well. But that still leaves the question who is the back-up in 2005.

I am interested who you folks think could be a servicable veteran who can play in the style of offense that I described.

With that in mind and taking into consideration that J.P. Loseman  is our future QB, the question is what to do in 2005.

I see the Bills developing an offensive strategy that includes rollouts and some QB draws and other mtion type plays.  This plays into the strength of JP.  If he is our starting QB in 2005, the back-up must have similar skills so in case of injury or poor play, the same offense can be run.

It then becomes very appearant that Drew does not fit that style and will be moved off the Bills roster.  Like many fans, I appreciate his time here and wish him well.  But that still leaves the question who is the back-up in 2005.

I am interested who you folks think could be a servicable veteran who can play in the style of offense that I described.

235808[/snapback]

Sorry, Im simply not allowed to comment, Todd is out there....somewhere.

I guess it was too much to ask for an actual intelligent response.

Thanks for the declaration of your excellent football knowledge.

Sorry, Im simply not allowed to comment, Todd is out there....somewhere.

235819[/snapback]

With that in mind and taking into consideration that J.P. Loseman  is our future QB, the question is what to do in 2005.

I see the Bills developing an offensive strategy that includes rollouts and some QB draws and other mtion type plays.  This plays into the strength of JP.  If he is our starting QB in 2005, the back-up must have similar skills so in case of injury or poor play, the same offense can be run.

It then becomes very appearant that Drew does not fit that style and will be moved off the Bills roster.  Like many fans, I appreciate his time here and wish him well.  But that still leaves the question who is the back-up in 2005.

235808[/snapback]

marck, the subject has been kicked around quite a bit. You'll probably find discussions in just about any threads that contains "Drew or "DB".

Maybe everyone is missing the point. You can't have an offense designed around a mobile QB and then have a back-up who is immobile.

In the same consideration, if Drew was to stay, you would design a dropback offense with quick reads that would diminsih the skills of JP if he has to replace Drew.

The best solution would be to bring in a mobile QB as a back-up and let the JP era begin.

Sorry to break the news to you BUT our Qbs will be Bledsoe and JP now LIVE WITH IT!!

235847[/snapback]