Baby tossed from moving car

Mediaman

:)

I hate reading stories of child abuse, the car slowed to about 5mph and the baby was covered with a plastic bag over his head.

But if they ever catch the motherfugger that did it they should put them in a car, traveling at 100mph and toss them out of a car.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/11/newborn.tossed/index.html

Hey "mom and dad" :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Then I read where some brain-dead head shrinker wants to float the excuse that this could be from post-partum depression. WTF!?!?

I'd like to see that person thrown out of the moving car. I know Rich would be disappointed, but I honesty hate people who serve no purpose but to come up with excuses for the indefensible.

Read this story earlier. Almost puked. Then I read where some brain-dead head shrinker wants to float the excuse that this could be from post-partum depression. WTF!?!?

We are living in the sequel to 'The Fall of the Roman Empire". The sequel to 'The Dark Ages' is about to begin filming.

:)

235635[/snapback]

Given that the baby was hours old...no, it couldn't. Post-partum depression doesn't hit that fast. Whatever pshrink that was that floated that idea isn't much of a pshrink.

And even if it were due to post-partum depression...so what? A good excuse is no reason to not hold someone accountable for their actions...

This is the story I read earlier, with the bit from the head shrinker...

Newborn baby tossed out of car

Barbara Grelling, a licensed clinical psychologist in Plantation who is an expert on postpartum depression, said the possibility of depression cannot be ruled out, even though the baby was a newborn.

"We're becoming more and more aware of depression manifested during pregnancy and immediately after," she said. The mother's youth and the presence of another person who didn't want the baby were also possible factors, she said.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Barbara Grelling

This is the story I read earlier, with the bit from the head shrinker...

Newborn baby tossed out of car

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Barbara Grelling

235723[/snapback]

Technically, a psychologist is not a head shrinker.

But regardless...she's right in saying that depression can't be ruled out, if only because throwing a baby out of a speeding car is an indication of some sort of mental disorder. Schizophrenia can't be ruled out, either. Neither can a purely physical defect like a brain tumor. :) Grelling supposition is nothing more than her jumping on the most conveniently available soapbox.

And regardless, it still doesn't absolve anyone of responsibility. Just because a woman suffers from postpartum depression (which is a real issue), it doesn't mean that she's absolved of all responsibility of her actions.

Technically, a psychologist is not a head shrinker. 

But regardless...she's right in saying that depression can't be ruled out, if only because throwing a baby out of a speeding car is an indication of some sort of mental disorder.  Schizophrenia can't be ruled out, either.  Neither can a purely physical defect like a brain tumor.  :)  Grelling supposition is nothing more than her jumping on the most conveniently available soapbox.

And regardless, it still doesn't absolve anyone of responsibility.  Just because a woman suffers from postpartum depression (which is a real issue), it doesn't mean that she's absolved of all responsibility of her actions.

235776[/snapback]

As I've said before, "Not guilty by reason of insanity" is ridiculous and an affront to justice. "Guilty but insane" is how the ruling should truly be.

Jeeee-ZUS! Still think tossing a newborn is worse than one old biddie knocking off another old biddie though...but holy cow!

235794[/snapback]

Not just OLD.

A 70 year old whacking an 84 year old with a HAMMER?

LOL...I guess it'll help keep social security costs down.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/11/newborn.tossed/index.html

The baby was never thrown.  They lady was the mother, and she just didn't wnat the child.

236092[/snapback]

I got that. It simply didn't surprise me that the media fugged it all up wanting to be the first one to report the latest horrible act perpetuated against a child. Surprised they didn't figure out a way to work in a gun.

I don't know how many states have the safe haven law, but where it is available they need to a media campaign about it.  Let people know, hey here is what you do with that unwanted baby.  No questions asked.

236134[/snapback]

I heard it this morning, it's something like 44 state....almost everywhere, including Florida.

I got that.  It simply didn't surprise me that the media fugged it all up wanting to be the first one to report the latest horrible act perpetuated against a child.  Surprised they didn't figure out a way to work in a gun.

236112[/snapback]

No gun...but notice there was a car involved, at least in the story. If we banned cars, this kind of tragedy would never happen... [/GS]

No gun...but notice there was a car involved, at least in the story.  If we banned cars, this kind of tragedy would never happen...  [/GS]

236380[/snapback]

I heard that the baby had a gun and was threatening to shoot the mother. The mother actually didn't throw the baby out the car but pushed the baby out during the struggle for the gun.