Kelsay

BillsNYC

Do you really think we shouldn't upgrade the DE position? Is Kelsay really the answer?

235483[/snapback]

hes only been here 2 years. and he split alot of time with Denney.

denney is nothing more than a backup, but kelsey has potential who can support the run, and get a few sacks. 4.5 sacks and 22 tackles last season. and dont forget that INT he had.. :)

we invested 2 2nd round picks at the DE position. lets give them a chance befor throwing them away.

i expect him to be the starter at DE, and no longer share time with denney. his numbers will go up, and i think he will end with 8.5 sacks with 40 tackles. (ok, 7 sacks and 35 tackles may be more realistic...)

dont forget, he has a low cap #.

I also think Kelsay will have a break-out year in 2005. If he can consistently perform like he did in the 2nd Jets game, look out!

Denney is much-maligned, especially for being a 2nd-round pick, but he has proven to be quite useful in a supporting role.

I'd like to see a 4th DE on the roster, whether it's Ritzmann, a 2nd-day draftee, a cheap FA or someone else's roster cut... not a big priority.

I think kelsay showed us a lot this year. At least enough to warrant letting him compete AS THE STARTER in training camp. The guy was 100% hustle 100% of the time this year. Theres no better place to have a guy like that than on the DL. Plus, kelsay is a pretty strong guy right now and hes only like 24. Watch out for this kid.

Do you really think we shouldn't upgrade the DE position? Is Kelsay really the answer?

235483[/snapback]

I don't think we need an upgrade but definately think we need to work on depth at DE especially considering Denney will be an UFA after next season. One guy who might be worth looking at is DE Jimmy Verdon, who should be available where we pick in the 3rd Round and be worth taking if can grab another day 1 pick if trade Henry.