British Open

Looks pretty intriguing so far with the main characters from the US Open in the hunt. DJ with share of lead at -7, Day at -6, Spieth not far behind at -5, Shrek in the hunt at -4. And yeah of course Tiger cleaning up the rear at +4, after telling everyone how everything was finally clicking.

http://www.pga.com/openchampionship/mobileweb/

Edited by JTSP

It's sad to watch, but sometimes I can't help laughing. Everything just seems to fall apart for Tiger. There was that moment where he got his tooth knocked out, then Lindsay Vonn broke up with him and then he injured his wrist or something... right around that time I noticed that he's losing his hair very rapidly...

And his game just keeps sinking lower and lower. He's just got the stink of death on him.

At one time it looked like he'd break Jack Nicklaus' major record, now I'm not sure he could beat Jack one on one.

Not only did it look like it -- to most it was a foregone conclusion. And then he crashed the SUV...

The best Tiger fans can hope for, I fear, is one of those "stories" at a major once or twice over the next ten years when he will suddenly be in contention again. There are too many other really good golfers out there now, and nobody fears him any more.

His run of dominance for the period from the PGA Championship in 1999 (his 2nd major) through the US Open in 2008 (his 14th) is something we'll never see again. 13 out of 35 majors. That's just sick.

Jack went 26 years between his first major win and his 18th -- I wonder if that record will ever be broken.

At one time it looked like he'd break Jack Nicklaus' major record, now I'm not sure he could beat Jack one on one.

He reminds me.of the aging mike.Tyson. where be kept fighting cuz he needed the money. They'd roll him out against some tin can, he:d be all.smiles at the beginning,/go thru the motions and his routine just like the old days, and then get knocked out. IMHO Tigers last swing change was the nail in the coffin ....unnecessary and just too much messing around. Edited by JTSP

Jack went 26 years between his first major win and his 18th -- I wonder if that record will ever be broken.

Too many good golfers, IMO. The global nature of the game is way different than in Jack's day.

There's probably some 13-year old kid in China that's gunning to be the next Jordan Speith even as we speak...