Got To Eat a Little Crow !!

Well i guess i will be the first to eat a little crow on a subject that just 2 short years ago i climbed up on my soap box & said a incoming coach on the new staff needed to be run out of town & couldn't for the life of me figure out why they hired him & why the other coach was let go ?

2 short seasons ago i thought the Crossman hire (along with the Marrone hire was a joke) well I'm 1 for 2 any way . But to Crossman i owe a huge apology !

He has taken our ST's unit from #8 to #2 & continued to put them at the top of the league at ST's , which is not only good for us but good for him too !

If he stays at the same ranking as last year that will be fine with me , but it would be great to see them move up one spot to number 1 while the Bills play their way into Super Bowl 50 & bring the trophy home to Buffalo where a championship is long over due !!

This is really hard to say after showing my butt 2 years ago but , keep up the good work Crossman !!

Go Bills !!

You were not the only one. i too was once a Crossman basher.

let that be a lesson for us.

Does anybody really think the ST's coach has any impact on the play of special teams? The Green Bay ST coach coached his back-up TE to block so the star WR could field the onside kick. The player lost the game not the coach. I would put their impact at 10% max.

The team is younger and has more depth. That means better ST's play.

Don't know if it was Crossman or Marrone that wanted some of the starters on the coverage units but it worked.

Does anybody really think the ST's coach has any impact on the play of special teams? The Green Bay ST coach coached his back-up TE to block so the star WR could field the onside kick. The player lost the game not the coach. I would put their impact at 10% max.

The team is younger and has more depth. That means better ST's play.

Don't know if it was Crossman or Marrone that wanted some of the starters on the coverage units but it worked.

The ST Coach has little impact on the quality of punting or kicking.

But he does have a lot of impact, I think, on the coverage and return units.

Crossman was vilified as a crony hire and the Bills did nothing on the field that first season to disprove that. Then the first off season I was beating the drum for his firing. Just shows to go ya that with a couple additional players and a different approach mentioned by KtFaBD above and suddenly our STers were kicking buttocks. I happily eat crow on this one.

To the OP and Beerball....a big DITTO.

So (not to be negative but) we legitimately couod have a #1 defense, a #1 special teams group, a top 8 running game... and remain on the fringes of playoff consideration, everything STILL depending on QB play... geeeeez...

spoiled it for us didnt ya!