Rochester Main Street Armory

Mediaman

Hello all, I'm planning a trip for my daughter (14) and I to see a concert and a Bills game this September. The concert is at the Armory and was wondering if anyone has been there before and what I can expect. The band is Panic at the Disco so I'm not expecting it to be too wild. I'm an avid concert goer here in NYC but I want to make sure there are no issues. How is the parking situation by the venue? I read their website info about parking but it wasn't too detailed. Based on the google streetview and satellite images I can't say I'm confident I will find a spot too close by.

that line made me laugh, not taking into account the music style, simply the name of the band...(they are a pretty decent band btw)

Hello all, I'm planning a trip for my daughter (14) and I to see a concert and a Bills game this September. The concert is at the Armory and was wondering if anyone has been there before and what I can expect. The band is Panic at the Disco so I'm not expecting it to be too wild. I'm an avid concert goer here in NYC but I want to make sure there are no issues. How is the parking situation by the venue? I read their website info about parking but it wasn't too detailed. Based on the google streetview and satellite images I can't say I'm confident I will find a spot too close by.

Edited by The Poojer

Its pretty big, cavernous, and the acoustics suck. Parking can be a pain. I think you're best served looking for street parking on Railroad Street since the nearby lots are near impossible to get out of after any show. Main St. will be a total cluster f@#$ so, Railroad is good since you can loop around to Goodman and avoid passing Main @ the Armory.

There should be plenty of parking at the church next door to the armory, at least there was when I was there a couple years ago unless there's something happening at the Auditorium theater across the street that night. There isn't a lot of seating there so expect to stand most of the night. It also gets very loud in there.

that line made me laugh, not taking into account the music style, simply the name of the band...(they are a pretty decent band btw)

Billy Joel's crowd is rowdier than Panic at the Discos. Cool band though somewhat enjoyed first 2 albums. Not sure what happened after that. I liked 2nd album most trashed it.