Is it my ears or do customer service reps suck?

bbb

I spent most of my life working in a call centre in management and I can tell you its their phone lines.

They hire the cheapest telephone provider and you can hear it when you listen to the calls.

I cant even begin to remember how many calls got dropped and how many "bad connections" we had to deal with

CBF

I spent most of my life working in a call centre in management and I can tell you its their phone lines.

They hire the cheapest telephone provider and you can hear it when you listen to the calls.

I cant even begin to remember how many calls got dropped and how many "bad connections" we had to deal with

CBF

Thanks

Customer Service has mostly been reduced to the absolute lowest dollar amount that companies can get by with. Everybody is always looking for a deal, and buy at the lowest cost possible, which has cut profit margins, and therefore, Customer Service.

If you do find good customer service be sure to tell them you appreciate them, and follow that with repeat business.

Customer Service has mostly been reduced to the absolute lowest dollar amount that companies can get by with. Everybody is always looking for a deal, and buy at the lowest cost possible, which has cut profit margins, and therefore, Customer Service.

If you do find good customer service be sure to tell them you appreciate them, and follow that with repeat business.

This. Companies are cheap and automated systems and self checkouts are taking over.

Sprint hangs up on you now when you try to reach operator. Keep taking my money a holes.

Despise sprint, Verizon, every cable/satellite co, among others. Piss poor and broken service.

Along these same lines, no doubt you've seen the same things at the airport.

If you're flying in/out of one of the "hub" cities, it's mostly OK, but once you get away from that, for example any NY airports outside NYC, you're dealing with "contract" people who are not airline employees, have minimal training, zero empathy, very low wages, no benefits, and mostly unable to assist passengers with any problems. All the "connector" air crews flying the Regional jets, (Except the American EMB-190's), are contract. They could fly for a Delta carrier one month, and then United the next. The companies that they work for are constantly under cutting each other. If a contract expires, the airlines will usually take the next "good deal" for the duration of that contract, and then it starts all over. If you want your job, interview with the "new" company and essentially start over.

If the airlines get their way, they'll have their name on the wall in the terminal, and on the plane, and operate with all low-bid contract employees, air crews included. They have no retirement, health care etc.liabilities, just a shell company watching the $$$ roll in, and they know that if you have a bad experience, you'll fly with someone else, but they're operating mostly full anyway so buh bye!

Speaking of customer service. What's up w/Sirius/XM. They make it really hard to cancel and subscription. You can do everything else online. With cancelling a device you have to call, then they put you on hold... Take forever, almost like tempting you to forget about it and just let them keep dinging your account! LMAO... Then they switch to one final person, put you on hold again. What? Did they have to get launched to the International Space Station and do a space walk out to the Satellite to pull a fuse? Holy Moly! I have been a customer since Drew Bledsoe was a Bills QB! I finally dumped a car after 10 years. I will give them a little breathing room before I call them and activate the free 6 month subscription on the new vehicle. Sirius customer policy is worse than dealing with an automobile salesman. I didn't dare tell them I already had the new car, they would have never left me alone. I will call tomorrow to activate the free subscription. Then, after 6 months you can add a paid one online. Imagine that! You can add a subscription online, but you can't cancel one! LMAO!

Hey... I am saving $9.99 a month for 6 months! ;-) ;-)

You'd think Sirius were lock & dam operators! :-O

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Speaking of customer service. What's up w/Sirius/XM. They make it really hard to cancel and subscription. You can do everything else online. With cancelling a device you have to call, then they put you on hold... Take forever, almost like tempting you to forget about it and just let them keep dinging your account! LMAO... Then they switch to one final person, put you on hold again. What? Did they have to get launched to the International Space Station and do a space walk out to the Satellite to pull a fuse? Holy Moly! I have been a customer since Drew Bledsoe was a Bills QB! I finally dumped a car after 10 years. I will give them a little breathing room before I call them and activate the free 6 month subscription on the new vehicle. Sirius customer policy is worse than dealing with an automobile salesman. I didn't dare tell them I already had the new car, they would have never left me alone. I will call tomorrow to activate the free subscription. Then, after 6 months you can add a paid one online. Imagine that! You can add a subscription online, but you can't cancel one! LMAO!

I was actually going to say upthread that they are the absolute worst - and I've heard it from several people.

I AM actually getting dinged every month for something that doesn't work, because I never have two hours to deal with those idiots! And, trying to talk to them online doesn't work (when I really wanted to continue my online access - and was very willing to pay for it (it had been free for a few years) - but they couldn't figure out what I was even saying)

I had one company which would hang up every time I called to cancel so I finally went to credit card company and had them issue me new number. Company called 4 times telling me they extended grace period and each time I hung up. Finally had manager call and I told him point blank check your recordings of calls (This call is being taped for quality assurance and training purposes .....) and he told me they almost never record for they had limited amount of recording space and asked what the issue was? I told him the issue was being hung up every time I mentioned cancellation and THIS conversation IS recorded per announcement at start of call. He hung up but never called again.

I was actually going to say upthread that they are the absolute worst - and I've heard it from several people.

I AM actually getting dinged every month for something that doesn't work, because I never have two hours to deal with those idiots! And, trying to talk to them online doesn't work (when I really wanted to continue my online access - and was very willing to pay for it (it had been free for a few years) - but they couldn't figure out what I was even saying)

BINGO! :lol:

I actually don't mind getting dinged if it meant keeping the things in space and the business going. Yet, I did have to think about this recent subscription tweaking I am doing... How to minimize phone time and not getting dinged. I cancelled first and fibbed that I didn't have another vehicle, that shut them up but they still hit me with a sales pitch for another reciever... I told them I had a mobile unit... Then I called back a few hours later to get the new car unit hooked up. Good news, it is one full year of all access. In 364 days I will do everything online to keep it going throttling it back to the cheaper plan, which can be done online.

What's hellish is they push and try and trap you into the auto pay thing. My card expired and they keep trying to push that through... :lol: So... I manually control the payment now... I can tell, they hate it! Always trying to trick you into autopay. When I called them they asked about the card. They were gonna ding me like 2 bucks to keep manual payment and get statements in the mail if they deleted the defunct card. I leveled with the dude and told him don't delete it and keep the status quo... :lol: NO WAY IN HELL AM I GIVING THEM A VALID CARD! :lol: I only give them that when I make one-time payment...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois