Rex Ryan on Rich Eisen Show 6/15

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Levy had a Jim Kelly. I hope Rex gets one half as good as Kelly and he will definitely do better than Marv

Other than wild hyerbole. What part of Rex's career sub .500 coaching record are you basing that prediction on? is it strictly his personality? because that does not win games.

I have no problem with Rex, at all. but the kool aid hero worship has kind of happened with all his predecessors including doug maroon.

maroon on this very board was hailed as a savior with his young and innovative football mind. if anyone dared to argue that. The poster was labelled as a "hater" Now he is blamed for every single regression last year. including a first round QB ( Nix's last parting gift) who in all likelyhood will be gone within 1-2 years.

Other than wild hyerbole. What part of Rex's career sub .500 coaching record are you basing that prediction on? is it strictly his personality? because that does not win games.

I have no problem with Rex, at all. but the kool aid hero worship has kind of happened with all his predecessors including doug maroon.

maroon on this very board was hailed as a savior with his young and innovative football mind. if anyone dared to argue that. The poster was labelled as a "hater" Now he is blamed for every single regression last year. including a first round QB ( Nix's last parting gift) who in all likelyhood will be gone within 1-2 years.

Seriously...thought we were doing away with the stupid Kool-Aid references.

Re: Marv vs. Rex

Marv was sharp as a tack, incredibly organized, a great delegator, and skilled motivator. What he was not is a fantastic strategist or "gameday" coach. He inherited a roster of how many HOFers and others just on the outside looking in? I'd be hard pressed to find any adequate HC who wouldn't have been somewhat successful with those teams.

Rex is a terrific defensive coach/strategist and supreme motivator. What we've heard is that he's not particularly organized, and others have criticized his gameday decisions. I didn't watch a lot of Jets football other than when they played the Bills and until last year Rex pretty much ate the Bills' lunch. Rex hasn't had half the sort of roster Marv had with the Bills, and he got to two AFC Championship games.

Give me Rex on the Bills' SB teams in a heartbeat. And I love Marv.

"Dood" -- are you serious? The Bills have a charismatic coach for the first time in how long and this is a problem for you? You imply Rex isn't "working" because he's available to the media?

Some serious naivete going on here -- and it's JUNE. Chill out.

Get off my lawn.

(and I guess I'm just feeling what I didnt like about him before he came here. I'll move along)