This trade makes a lot of sense.

The best bet for a Randy Moss trade is to Oakland for the Raiders' No. 7 overall pick in the 2005 NFL draft and cornerback Philip Buchanon.

-- St. Paul Pioneer Press

234088[/snapback]

That would be a great trade for the Vikings. Can't see Norv Turner and Randy Moss not having lots of friction. Turner seems like a bit of a pushover, Moss seems like a bit of a pushover-er!

The best bet for a Randy Moss trade is to Oakland for the Raiders' No. 7 overall pick in the 2005 NFL draft and cornerback Philip Buchanon.

234088[/snapback]

Raiders are getting screwed! I would rather have Jerry Porter then Moss. Buchanon is a decent CB and gives the Raiders bookends with Woodson. Number 7 will get a great player. Mike Williams perhaps. Cadillac or Cedric maybe. The Raiders would be best served to stand pat then add that cancer to their team. Al Davis is a dumbass though who loves reclaimation projects so I would not doubt if he made that assinine trade

234088[/snapback]

I suspect the Raiders are looking for a qb, and they aren't too pleased with their recent run of head cases.

One thing you can say about Oakland; they have much broader acceptance guidelines than most other teams, ours included. I suspect it adds to the mystique. But Moss to Oakland makes sense...though I wouldn't have imagined he could pull a high first round pick AND Buchanan. Maybe he can. But I think that's a lot for Moss.

Conversly, it would be a tremendous move for the Vikings. They'd get a pal for Winfield, which they need, AND a high pick, where they could maybe grab an Evans-like rookie. Get rid of Moss, and maybe not slip TOO dramatically on offense.

Frankly, Culpepper is to Moss as Bledsoe is to Moulds. To a fault. A fault I think that cost the Vikings better resullts this past year. Almost addition by subtraction, but more like not-so-bad subtraction by subtraction.

One thing you can say about Oakland; they have much broader acceptance guidelines than most other teams, ours included. I suspect it adds to the mystique. But Moss to Oakland makes sense...though I wouldn't have imagined he could pull a high first round pick AND Buchanan. Maybe he can. But I think that's a lot for Moss.

Conversly, it would be a tremendous move for the Vikings. They'd get a pal for Winfield, which they need, AND a high pick, where they could maybe grab an Evans-like rookie. Get rid of Moss, and maybe not slip TOO dramatically on offense.

Frankly, Culpepper is to Moss as Bledsoe is to Moulds. To a fault. A fault I think that cost the Vikings better resullts this past year. Almost addition by subtraction, but more like not-so-bad subtraction by subtraction.

234120[/snapback]

fair enough assessment, but i will say one thing about moss -- he's hands down the best receiver in the league, and has been so since he entered the league in '98. he missed a half dozen games this year due to a hamstring pull, but that's hardly a debilitating injury and he should be 100% next year. and for all of the criticism leveled at him, it really can't be argued that the guy doesn't produce. in fact, he's staggeringly productive, and if the vikings D was better than a JV squad the past few years, they would have done a lot more than they did.

I suspect the Raiders are looking for a qb, and they aren't too pleased with their recent run of head cases.

234102[/snapback]

Kerry Collins, after a slow start, played pretty well for the Raiders. He really started to click with his receivers. I hardly think QB is their main priority.

Kerry Collins, after a slow start, played pretty well for the Raiders.  He really started to click with his receivers.  I hardly think QB is their main priority.

234149[/snapback]

Well, they ended up 5 and 11. What are their priorities? The have Fargas in the wings at rb, deafted for the ol last year. Defensive backfield?