Upcoming 30 for 30 on Bills Super Bowl run in 90s

"This is a team, dammit!" -Darryl Talley. I hope it focuses on those huge personalities, and the city's unique good things. But most of all, let's rehash some love for the home field advangement. It was the toughest stadium to play for any opponent in the league for a nice stretch of years. The crowd and the conditions coupled with a blitzkrieg offense and Bruce Smith made The Rich an abosute nightmare for the likes of some of the greatest QBs of all time - Marino, Elway, Moon, and Montana. And of course, use this 30 for 30 to get Tasker in the Hall!

This is exactly the type of tone I hope the film takes. I think the 4 Super Bowl losses have been covered pretty well but the 90s Bills were so much more than that. I don't think you will ever see another professional sports team have a connection to its fanbase that the Bills did from 1986 to 1996. The players personalities(and Marv) were a perfect fit for our charismatic blue collar city. It was indeed a match made in heaven. I hope it spends some time on really showing how crazy and passionate the atmosphere was around town back then. I don't think the younger fans truly grasp it. I mean sure football is more popular now than ever but its just different these days, everything is just so much cheesier and force fed through social media. It felt more pure back then it was a simpler time and Buffalo really was just a blue collar town having the time of its life with their football team.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic