has anyone ever known a sociopath?

People with BPD are typically surrounded by chaos of their own making. Rage, self-harm, suicidal behavior, intense emotional outbursts, alternating between idealizing people and devaluing them, extreme emotions, etc. are all symptoms of BPD.

Psychopaths (or sociopath, if you prefer; they're often used interchangably), may be impulsive and have poor behavioral controls, but they typically have blunted affect and are emotionally shallow.

In short, individuals with BPD have a surplus of emotion, while psychopaths have a deficit.

The first paragraph EXACTLY describes an ex girlfriend. That was scary.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read that bpd, particularly in women is more dangerous than someone that is a sociopath.... much more emotionally callous and emotionally nuts. and its like you will never win with a bpd woman. no matter what, they get the upper hand...

Yup. My ex...

i read that bpd, particularly in women is more dangerous than someone that is a sociopath.... much more emotionally callous and emotionally nuts. and its like you will never win with a bpd woman. no matter what, they get the upper hand...

Yeah, you want a woman without a mental illness, ideally.

Unfortunately all of them who purportedly don't have a mental illness actually suffer from histrionic personality disorder. So have fun :D

christ. what happens if you fell in love with a borderline girl? than what? am i !@#$ed?

Go fall in love with another woman. Men can love more than one woman at once. I'm convinced of it.