Spending the summer in WNY

CWink07

I'm from New Orleans and have an internship in Buffalo and will be staying in Lewiston. Basically just trying to think of things to do and see while I am there. Places to see or eat eat at and what not. Any ideas? Oh and I've been to the falls about 10 times already so anything besides that would be helpful, thanks.

If you have some sailing experience, there are sailing teams on Lake Ontario that usually pick up a few guys every summer. My brother did it for a few summers. Maybe 1 or 2 evenings a week.

Food Truck Tuesdays @ Larkinville start TOMORROW! They also do "Live at Larkin" concerts on Wednesday nights.

The Canalside Concert Series lineup was just announced and should be starting soon. Check that out.

Helium Comedy Club has a bunch of good shows coming up. I mention this because it's in the heart of the new Cobblestone District, and it's a great excuse to head there and check out the bars (such as Buffalo Iron Works, and Ballyhoo) that the hip kids seem to love.

If you're looking for a daytime activity, there is some great Kayaking around the downtown/harbor/canal area.

Once it gets warmer (June/July) I definitely recommend taking a Jet Boat tour. We had a blast last year and are going back for more this year. If you go from the US side in Lewiston, there is a restaurant/bar attached to the Jet Boat building that is great for having some drinks in the sun to dry off after the trip.

edit: Since you're up in Lewiston, I recommend checking out ArtPark. For the original, simple park aspect, but also as a concert venue.

Edited by DrDareustein

Plenty of free, or pretty cheap, concerts and events during the summer in the Buffalo area, here's a listing:

http://www.bestofwny.com/concerts_festivals/index.html

Not all the concerts have been announced yet, but they will add as they do. Plenty of events and festivals listed on the left side (date to be added), including a really nice Jazz festival in Lewiston...Lewiston's a pretty cool town as well, a few nice eateries and watering holes...

Edited by ricojes