Get your taxes done by 8:30 on 4.15

LewPort71

I just discovered that this was a soccer thread. Good performance overall from USA. The field was a disaster, so it messed with the flow of the game, but I saw some encouraging things:

Juan Agudelo looked better on his goal than I have ever seen him look before. Nice control on the first touch to bring the ball down, calm as he moved with it towards the middle and then a perfect finish to the near post.

Mix has been listening to his critics and finally showed the defensive aggressiveness that his game has been missing. He made some great nasty tackles to take the ball away quite a few times. And he still showed his usual good vision in the attacking third, creating many good chances.

Omar Gonzalez looked more confident than he has in a long time back there in the middle. Especially in the air, he controlled everything he was asked to. And his young partner, Alvarado, looked like a legit central defender too. Central defense seems like an area of strength now.

Bradley's best game in a long time. Nice, forward-thinking distribution and playmaking.

Soccer hate is funny to me. My favorite comment is "I'd rather watch the most boring NFL game than the most exciting soccer game."

I admittedly wasn't a huge soccer fan but now that the EPL is on TV quite often, I've been watching more and more. Sure, watching bad teams play isn't always exciting, but watch Arsenal vs Liverpool and it's exciting as hell.

All that said, I am a sports junkie and I'll watch just about anything besides bowling. The EPL is on at that perfect time on Saturday and Sunday mornings when no other live sports are on. It's a great way to start nursing the hangover.