Adrian Peterson "wants out."

FireChan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened with the bolded? Nothing. They changed their minds over public pressure and financial reason.

Excerpt from their reinstatement statement. "At this time, however, we believe this is a matter of due process and we should allow the legal system to proceed so we can come to the most effective conclusions and then determine the appropriate course of action. This is a difficult path to navigate, and our focus is on doing the right thing. Currently we believe we are at a juncture where the most appropriate next step is to allow the judicial process to move forward."

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Statement-From-The-Vikings-Regarding-Adrian-Peterson/ffba4f28-6620-44b5-b707-241c1ea783b2

So which is it? Standing by due process or caving to rumors? This is why they are idiots. Reinstating him in the first place then backtracking was mindbogglingly stupid. That's the "bad" business decision, because reneging means more headlines, which means more bad PR, which means more sponsors start to get nervous. They made a bad situation worse.

Some other quick thoughts. Who cares what the Governor thinks? Go pass a law that says "anyone indicted needs to be fired or suspended" or stop talking. Imagine the Governor calling for your suspension from your job on a charge you haven't even been convicted of yet. Unacceptable for an elected official who has to adhere to the ideals in our Constitution. Also, did any of those sponsors see a dip in their sales due to AP practicing that one day? Is the whole world crazy? Would you put back a 6 pack of Bud Light because Adrian Peterson is catching passes on the practice field? Bonkers.

Of course they changed their minds over public pressure and finacial reasons. What else were they supposed to do? After they release their public statement and the public then sees those photos--you think they should have "stuck to their guns"? No you don't. No team would have kept a blatantly guilty child abuser playing when those pictures get to the public realm and the sponsors start making noise about pulling out. Not one team. You're making little sense now.

As for your questions about the effectiveness of advertising in general--complete non sequitor. People other than me get paid to worry about these things.

Look, I agree braking the skin was excessive. but be sure to not exaggerate this too much w/o direct proof.

how many of our parents (people over 40) would have been in trouble for something like this?

The belt, large sauce spoon, or this

c-spank-paddle.png

Those injuries are evidence of sadism. How many of our parents would continue to deliver hit after hit after hit like that? And he did this more than once..

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

This guy belongs in jail.

Those injuries are evidence of sadism. How many of our parents would continue to deliver hit after hit after hit like that? And he did this more than once..

The judges didn't think so. I guess WEO is the law now.

People other then you get paid to decide who belongs in jail.

Edited by FireChan

Look, I agree braking the skin was excessive. but be sure to not exaggerate this too much w/o direct proof.

how many of our parents (people over 40) would have been in trouble for something like this?

The belt, large sauce spoon, or this

c-spank-paddle.png

I never got the belt or a plank like this. But I got the flyswatter, the wooden spoon and was once chased by my broom-wielding mother.

I've spanked my son on more than one occasion and I'm fine with it. Never used anything but my hand and his ass was never bare.

Of course they changed their minds over public pressure and finacial reasons. What else were they supposed to do? After they release their public statement and the public then sees those photos--you think they should have "stuck to their guns"? No you don't. No team would have kept a blatantly guilty child abuser playing when those pictures get to the public realm and the sponsors start making noise about pulling out. Not one team. You're making little sense now.

As for your questions about the effectiveness of advertising in general--complete non sequitor. People other than me get paid to worry about these things.

I was very clear. They should either have;

A. Not made a statement claiming to wait for due process, and not reinstated him.

B. Stuck with their statement claiming to wait for due process, and not suspend him a second time.

It's really that simple. You continue to call me disingenuous, yet don't acknowledge that the "flip-flopping" only drew more headlines and scrutiny. Which exacerbated a bad situation.

sadism? A bit extreme w/o first hand knowledge.

lets agree that he went to far and hop it is the last time he does it.

The judges didn't think so. I guess WEO is the law now.

People other then you get paid to decide who belongs in jail.

He's a famous athlete who got a deal--you know this too.

I was very clear. They should either have;

A. Not made a statement claiming to wait for due process, and not reinstated him.

B. Stuck with their statement claiming to wait for due process, and not suspend him a second time.

It's really that simple. You continue to call me disingenuous, yet don't acknowledge that the "flip-flopping" only drew more headlines and scrutiny. Which exacerbated a bad situation.

There is no way you would, as the head of that team, not suspended him the second time. No team wouldn't have done this. Only the players were upset over the exemption. No one else was.

sadism? A bit extreme w/o first hand knowledge.

lets agree that he went to far and hop it is the last time he does it.

Re-read my quote. The kid says the guy has a collection of belts and switches he beats them with. He has a ROOM for it. That's a sadist.

I never got the belt or a plank like this. But I got the flyswatter, the wooden spoon and was once chased by my broom-wielding mother.

I've spanked my son on more than one occasion and I'm fine with it. Never used anything but my hand and his ass was never bare.

I had all of them heh my sister even broke a ladle once trying to punish me

I'm talking a good 20 inch handle

f8495f563a813f2b3428723e0bfcf27b.jpg

There is no way you would, as the head of that team, not suspended him the second time. No team wouldn't have done this. Only the players were upset over the exemption. No one else was.

Re-read my quote. The kid says the guy has a collection of belts and switches he beats them with. He has a ROOM for it. That's a sadist.

that paddle - my parents always kept it hanging on the kitchen wall.

also my parents made their kids, nieces, nephews and grand kids (odd choice but uncomfortable) kneel on pencils for an hour. My cousins 2 doors down and a Willow tree, so I am familiar with them too,

Can you be so sure they went easy on him?

Maybe I would have suspended him the second time. Doesn't mean that it's okay, or someone else should be happy about it. I know I wouldn't have made a statement citing our respect for due process and going back on it.

I got child abused on a few occasions as a kid and I turned out fine. Actually grateful for it. I was a very very bad boy.

Today I pull hair and ears. My kids dont mind. Well kinda.

However, they are the ones that look at a bad kid and tell me, "Their parents need to discipline that kid" "Hey dad go over there and take care of business"

Im not excusing anything, but Im all for kicking a little ass. As long as its not excessive.

I got child abused on a few occasions as a kid and I turned out fine. Actually grateful for it. I was a very very bad boy.

Today I pull hair and ears. My kids dont mind. Well kinda.

However, they are the ones that look at a bad kid and tell me, "Their parents need to discipline that kid" "Hey dad go over there and take care of business"

Im not excusing anything, but Im all for kicking a little ass. As long as its not excessive.

careful they'll make a TV show out of it. The Slap

If some brat kicked me in the shins damn straight I'd smack him back

man did this thread got OFF BASE

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12555918/adrian-peterson-trade-not-minnesota-vikings-plans-mike-zimmer-says

PHOENIX -- Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer reiterated the organization's stance on the status of tailback Adrian Peterson, saying he expects Peterson to honor his contract and play for the team in 2015.

I got child abused on a few occasions as a kid and I turned out fine.

And there you have it: the worst rationale for cruelty.

Look, kids need some failure in their lives, they need something to "kick their ass" sometimes - figuratively. They probably need to learn that if they strike someone out there in the world, that they can expect to be struck back. But I am not sure what abusing them to the point that they bleed in their private parts is teaching them, other than that this is a way to treat people much smaller and weaker than you.

The "I turned out OK" excuse is a way to refuse to come to terms with abuse, but it's not a way to actually confront it.