Winston doesn't plan to attend draft (no Mariota either)

I think it is all a part of the "show" the draft has become. Realize if you are a poster on this board, you are a football nut and will watch anything football related, prolly even 25 year old games that you already know the outcome. Yes, everyone on here will watch no matter what.

But we are in the minority. The show is important, just like commercials and halftime show at Super Bowl. The players, and the drama shots of them in the room, and the instant interview...all part of what is driving ratings for the show.

Not saying draft goes away, or chuckleheads like us won't watch , part I think it would impact ratings if none of the top 20 guys show.

We are in the vast majority of football fans, not the minority. I just can't believe the ratings would go down if we couldn't see the draftee hold up a jersey and mumble some unintelligible stuff about Mom and God and the team that drafted them.

The ratings would not change even a tiny bit if these guys didn't show up. All that crap is just filler until the next team comes off the clock. If players weren't there, they would fill it with other stuff while we go to the kitchen to fill up or the bathroom to unload.

People have been predicting this or that is going to "hurt the popularity of the NFL". The opposite has been true. Rating just keep going up, no matter how many guys beat their women or get DWI or shoot themsleves in the head.

It's "bulletproof".

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not a single co-ed worth sexually assaulting gold digging hoe in Chicago??!!

Nope.

I would typically agree with you, or anyone who advocates for these guys to stand up for themselves and take control of their careers--but that's AFTER he gets a job.

This is like being defiant in an interview.

Get your first paycheck before you confirm to everyone just exactly how far your head is up your ass.

So, you were mad that Joe Thomas was fishing with his dad on draft day, even though he was the 3rd overall pick, right?!

THAT is probably the best reason. if hes anticipated to be #1 (or even top 5-10) he should be there. i understand not wanting to be the Johnny football, geno smith.... but at #1 he should be there with a big smile on his face telling all the reporters about why hes the most mature, charismatic, lovable (consentual or otherwise) guy around.

fixed it for you!

That's better.

Interesting tweet by dolphins player Chris McCain about Winston -

@DolphinEret: @nflnetwork I wouldn't want him on my team. Maybe if he was a defensive player but he not a leader. QB's "most dependable". #PathToTheDraft

Interesting, coming from a guy who was dismissed from Cal.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2014/10/30/dolphins-lb-chris-mccain-to-university-that-dismissed-him-stop-using-my-photos/

• 2 weeks later...

It's hist day, let him celebrate it how he wants. It's probably a good idea to keep him out of Chicago. Too much trouble to be had right before the draft.

Of course. If your child was going in the first round and he wanted to stay home with his friends and family, who is ANYBODY to tell him he's doing anything wrong ?? I doubt ANY team would have cause for concern.... that is pure, shallow silliness. Personal decision: No one should have a negative opinion on a personal decision. Nobody's business but his.

He's not going to go #1 overall. He doesn't want the Johnny Manziel treatment, where they focus the cameras on him til somebody picks him.

My vote for most inaccurate quote on the Wall for 2015

No big deal. He's just going fishing with Joe Thomas.

Thomas will never make it !!! Oh, never mind

There will be cameras at his home. He will be interviewed by a reporter on site. He will be imterviewed by anchors via camera. People making this an issue just don't like Winston, and that's fine, but cop to it. Don't make issues out of nothing. He'll be getting plenty of face time on draft night and the next day.

Of course

He just said today that he hasn't made up his mind yet, because of all the b*tching and moaning people have done about not being able to watch him give Rog a bear hug when he's selected #1 overall. He reiterated that he would rather stay home with his grandmother, who can't travel. What a selfish @$$hole, amirite!?!

He just said today that he hasn't made up his mind yet, because of all the b*tching and moaning people have done about not being able to watch him give Rog a bear hug when he's selected #1 overall. He reiterated that he would rather stay home with his grandmother, who can't travel. What a selfish @$$hole, amirite!?!

People called it BS when he said that.

None of that nonsense goes on in NYC for the draft and the ratings are sky high. The poster above is right, no one is tuning in to watch the selected player come out from behind the curtain in a goofy suit to give the Commish a bro hug.

They watch for who is picking who. The NFL will never pay players to show. No one will not watch if the "top 10" don't show. Come on...

Fast players run fast, slow players run slow and dumb posters write dumb posts. You are spot on. :thumbsup:

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Of course. If your child was going in the first round and he wanted to stay home with his friends and family, who is ANYBODY to tell him he's doing anything wrong ?? I doubt ANY team would have cause for concern.... that is pure, shallow silliness. Personal decision: No one should have a negative opinion on a personal decision. Nobody's business but his.

My vote for most inaccurate quote on the Wall for 2015

Thomas will never make it !!! Oh, never mind

If I didn't think any team was going to take me early, and that's where I was "projected," I wouldn't go.

If I didn't think any team was going to take me early, and that's where I was "projected," I wouldn't go.

You've said you don't believe he's going #1. Who do you think will?

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

No, he might. But that'd be a really good reason to not go.

Changed your stance a little? I do agree that it would be a good reason not to go though.

He's not going to go #1 overall. He doesn't want the Johnny Manziel treatment, where they focus the cameras on him til somebody picks him.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Fair enough. The Brady Quinn plummet was BRUTAL to watch.

And just 2 years ago Geno slipping all the way out of day 1 (and storming off to have a cry). I think it's a very good reason to not attend the draft.