Who to follow on Twitter for the Bills/NFL?

boyst

Now that I do not get updates from the ESPN text alerts about breaking news for the NFL and Bills, I am thinking about signing up for Twitter.

Is it worth it? If I just follow sources and the team will I get much? I will follow some players, probably, too. I don't ever have anything to say as all here have witnessed 20,570 times.

Yes, yes, call me grandpa, but I am just now signing up for Twitter. Though, I think I had it a short time once a long time ago.

edit: This is also going to go be good for anyone else who has it and doesn't know who's who to follow. I know there are some new guys on the Bills beat and we are getting some national press with Rex and McCoy, so someone like Mehta from the Post might be worth following? What say ya'll?

Edited by jboyst62

A lot of the ESPN guys break a lot of news and they are almost always credibile, Schefter Mort and Clayton to a lesser extent. Laconfera and Rapaport also have a lot of info but you have to decide what you want to believe. Then there's people that focus more on Bills news like John Wawrow, Joe B. As you follow some people they will retweet others and you can learn who else to follow.

i'd be happy to. i'd just need your pw!!

believe it or not i set it up myself. it was remarkably a lot easier then i thought it would be. I even figured out how to make a few lists myself to include Sirius NFL - this will help if someone is coming on I can get a heads up to listen.

If you want my extra Sirius account for Tuesday, let me know. You and a few others are on top of the Bills stuff pretty quick for us, it'd be the least I could do to give ya'll another weapon to get us the news.

Edited by jboyst62

believe it or not i set it up myself. it was remarkably a lot easier then i thought it would be. I even figured out how to make a few lists myself to include Sirius NFL - this will help if someone is coming on I can get a heads up to listen.

If you want my extra Sirius account for Tuesday, let me know. You and a few others are on top of the Bills stuff pretty quick for us, it'd be the least I could do to give ya'll another weapon to get us the news.

glad I could help! i couldn't listen even if i wanted to, but thank you kindly!

I think Twitter is worth it, specifically for this time period and depending on who you follow.

Adam Schefter (the real one) - Be careful their is a fake account out there, but the real one is good.

Ian Rapport

Vic Carrucci

Chris Trapasso

Andrew Brandt - get a really good legal and business perspective from him.

Adam Caplan

Tim Graham

Joe Buscaglia

Alex Marvez - is cool

John Wawrow

Josina Anderson - She is decent.

DO NOT FOLLOW: Jason LaCanfora (Hates the Bills, and is usually wrong.)

Edited by OntarioRV

I think Twitter is worth it, specifically for this time period and depending on who you follow.

Adam Schefter (the real one) - Be careful their is a fake account out there, but the real one is good.

Ian Rapport

Vic Carrucci

Chris Trapasso

Andrew Brandt - get a really good legal and business perspective from him.

Adam Caplan

Tim Graham

Joe Buscaglia

Alex Marvez - is cool

John Wawrow

Josina Anderson - She is decent.

DO NOT FOLLOW: Jason LaCanfora (Hates the Bills, and is usually wrong.)

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to make all of these suggestions!

I've only been on Twitter for a year or two, but it's amazing how much info you can get from it before anywhere else. I have my feeds open at my desk all day, and it's quite distracting. But very cool.

I follow almost the same list as Ontario above, that's some good stuff there that will keep you going.

I am with you. Never really signed up for twitter, but may do so.

I remember when Twitter came out-- I laughed it off, thinking it would never stick.

just get it. Its worth it and simple once I got in to the list things that are available. TBC has a good list setup

For media, follow sal @SalSports. he is the most fun to follow from the media people, and is passionate for the fanbase. @JoeBuscaglia and @john_wawrow are good follows too. The rest of the buffalo media don't impress me too much, but those three are good ones.

as for other media, I like @Merk256 because he is a bills fan, and usually has a pretty good unbiased commentary on whatever news is breaking bills wise and he gets it out there fast. and I would also recommend @ChrisTrapasso for similar reasons.

And I would personally recommend these fans. They are not people with inside info, but they are on twitter A LOT and they follow a lot of people,and if there is a bills story breaking on twitter, you will seem them all start talking about it together within seconds. If you follow these guys and no one else, you will get every bills story out there really quick.

@mrdeadlier

@buffalobillsgrl

@billsmafia_babe

@BrianMC630

@yamanboo

If you follow all those guys, you gill get all the breaking stories related to the bills, because even if they aren't reporting it, they will retweet, copy or reply to the stories within a matter of seconds and you will get the info. Especially tomorrow, this is like their super bowl to be on twitter during free agency break out. they will be tweeting all day.

When following fans, I would stay away from any "complainers." if you follow the complainers, every time a story breaks out you will get a huge round of "go to hell rodak" and "suck it sully" among worse things cluttering your feed.

and if you want breaking nfl news in general, Follow any major media people

@mortreport

@AdamSchefter

@RapSheet

@RavensInsider (ravens reporter, but he breaks a lot of good national stories often)

And if you want to follow me, I am @danspecht . I am not as fast as the other guys, but I will comment on the stories through out the day.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa