Restructuring deals for a better cap hit

A friend and I have been discussing free agency and being able to keep all of our players. I said to restructure Mario and McCoy's deals to make them cap friendly. He said he doesn't think shady would do that because he wants more money. Are there ways to get the players more money and also lowering the cap hit. We both are unfamiliar with the language and what money goes where in regards to contracts.

If this needs to be moved I Apologize.

I just saw the salary cap thread uggh

restructuring McCoys deal would give him more gauranteed money so I dont get your friends point

Mario's deal can always be restructured but there is no reason to do it just to do it its there if they need to do it

Edited by Max997

A friend and I have been discussing free agency and being able to keep all of our players. I said to restructure Mario and McCoy's deals to make them cap friendly. He said he doesn't think shady would do that because he wants more money. Are there ways to get the players more money and also lowering the cap hit. We both are unfamiliar with the language and what money goes where in regards to contracts.

If this needs to be moved I Apologize.

I just saw the salary cap thread uggh

convert base salary into a signing bonus and you dont touch actual dollars but reduce this years hit while giving the player his money early.

bar napkin math:

mccoys cap hit is his 10m salary

extend mccoy a year or two (not required by any means though), and turn that 10m salary into a 10m bonus with league minimum pay, and suddenly he counts as 2m (with each of the next several years taking hits to account for the rest of the bonus paid)

that said, we are nowhere near needing to do this, even if we add hughes. we are still incredibly under the cap, and theres no real incentive to do this unless you are RIGHT at it.

Edited by NoSaint

Another cap thread? If you read the others you'd know that there is no issue whatsoever with our cap. We can spend with impunity and people who think otherwise are idiots. So says TSW.

thus why I said to move this because I just saw the salary cap thread after I posted this.

like what's being discussed in here Salary Cap Thread

again read the last two lines in the post. Move if needed. Crap I just saw the salary cap thread... but thanks