Who are we kidding, with the likes of Orton and McCown.

Tipster19

QB is the most important position... So no money can't be used better else where.

You are failing to understand the difference between a $3-$8M veteran QB who is average at best and a QB who actually makes a difference who typically makes $12M and above (and even some of those guys aren't that great...Dalton) of which there are none available. An extra $5M or so to the guard or TE position in the FA pool can go along way, a lot farther than any QB you are going to find for that much.

Edited by Mark80

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he wasn't... 12TDs 20INTs and a bunch of fumbles....

I think oeille forget how terrible Sanchez was on the Jets. Like that was a SB team at every other position but qb.

I didnt say AS A ROOKIE.

Why didnt you populate the next 2 years????

Next year 17tds 13 ints 3200

After that 26 tds 18 ints 3400

Too many turnovers. He was a huge reason why the Eagles missed the playoffs. Guys like him and Cutler kill teams with turnovers.

You are failing to understand the difference between a $3-$8M veteran QB who is average at best and a QB who actually makes a difference who typically makes $12M and above (and even some of those guys aren't that great...Dalton) of which there are none available. An extra $5M or so to the guard or TE position in the FA pool can go along way, a lot farther than any QB you are going to find for that much.

I don't think you understand what you're saying... Who will the guard be blocking for or the TE be catching passes from? You need to find a QB...

I didnt say AS A ROOKIE.

Why didnt you populate the next 2 years????

Next year 17tds 13 ints 3200

After that 26 tds 18 ints 3400

You said early... Locker is better then Sanchez.

I don't want the Bills to be that Jets team. I know they had some success, but I don't think it will work well, and it's the wrong direction.

I am becoming more and more wary of Rex Ryan. I think he is a great DC, but not a good head coach.

What the hell are you even saying?

You said early... Locker is better then Sanchez.

Better??? Time will tell.

Locker played 7 games last year 5 tds 7 ints

Locker played 7 games the year before that 8 tds 4 ints

His best year he played 11 games 10 tds 11 ints

So how is that really better than Sanchize?

Injury prone qbs are not good imo. One year ok. 2 years ok. But every freaking year???? I believe he has been injured ever season. Please correct me if Im wrong. (But hurt all 4 seasons, I believe) So hmmmmm what do you think will happen his NEXT season?

You gotta think about all that....

I think oeille forget how terrible Sanchez was on the Jets. Like that was a SB team at every other position but qb.

Too many turnovers. He was a huge reason why the Eagles missed the playoffs. Guys like him and Cutler kill teams with turnovers.

I agree with this. But the talent pool is not that impressive... Let him game manage us into the playoffs. Sanchize Sanchize Sanchize!!!!!

Or the destroyer. Im good with Sanchez, Ej, or Hoyer.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

Better??? I guess we will never know.

Injury prone qbs are not good imo. One year ok. 2 years ok. But every freaking year???? I believe he has been injured ever season. Please correct me if Im wrong. (But hurt all 4 seasons, I believe) So hmmmmm what do you think will happen his NEXT season?

Glad you asked...

QBR:

Bradford

2010 - 38.3

2011 - 36.2

2012 - 50.3

2013 - 48.1

Locker

2011 - 51.3

2012 - 44.5

2013 - 58.1

2014 - 51.1

Manuel

2013 - 42.8

2014 - 19.8

Sanchez

2009 - 31.5

2010 - 49.2

2011 - 36.0

2012 - 25.8

2013 - IR

2014 - 58.2

Glad you asked...

QBR:

Bradford

2010 - 38.3

2011 - 36.2

2012 - 50.3

2013 - 48.1

Locker

2011 - 51.3

2012 - 44.5

2013 - 58.1

2014 - 51.1

Manuel

2013 - 42.8

2014 - 19.8

Sanchez

2009 - 31.5

2010 - 49.2

2011 - 36.0

2012 - 25.8

2013 - IR

2014 - 58.2

Lol.

I never said Sanchize was elite. We need a game manager at this point with our great defense.

You know stats can be manipulated practically anyway you want to prove a point.

Heck I could even say that Sanchez is better just because his qbr was better than Locker. 58.2 vs 58.1

Anyway consider all the variables including injury.

Better??? Time will tell.

I agree with this. But the talent pool is not that impressive... Let him game manage us into the playoffs. Sanchize Sanchize Sanchize!!!!!

Or the destroyer. Im good with Sanchez, Ej, or Hoyer.

I'd be fine with Sanchez battling it out with EJ for the starter job. But I think Rex likes Mark's feet so he will slant the competition.

Then after Sanchez throws 2 ints, fumbles twice to lose us a game, we will realize that, oh yeah Sanchez sucks! :)

Lol.

I never said Sanchize was elite. We need a game manager at this point with our great defense.

You know stats can be manipulated practically anyway you want to prove a point.

Heck I could even say that Sanchez is better just because his qbr was better than Locker. 58.2 vs 58.1

Anyway consider all the variables including injury.

I didn't manipulate anything... I'm not like you who says forget his rookie year heh.

Why do you keep making up things? Who said you said Sanchez was elite? Locker is the better option then Sanchez even when Sanchez went to a great system he still couldn't win. Locker would give EJ better competition hands down.

Edited by Beef Jerky

If Rex actually does what he says he will do in building a power run offense, and a top defense then the Bills won't need a flashy gunslinger type QB! All they need is a guy who can manage the game, and move the chains when needed.

The foolish Browns gave up on 7-6 Hoyer, and signed a 1-10* bum in McClown. Cleveland after they played Buffalo last year lost the next four games to finish the year 7-9. Did i mention that those last four games were all against playoff teams in Indy, Cincy, Carolina, and Baltimore. This with Hoyer playing hurt after that Bills game. The last two years Brian Hoyer has gone 10-6 with Cleveland, and that is the best QB performance that team has seen the last 15 years.

Hoyer managed to play well without his best receivers most of the year as Josh Gordon only played in 5 games, and Jordan Cameron played in 9. Then neither one contributed very much last year. I think Hoyer is the best stop gap FA QB on the market, and it remains to be seen if he can develop further in a good offense with good coaching. That is provided the Bills actually do build a decent O line this season, as no QB will play well running for his life.

Cleveland beat us out for McCown because they were more desperate than us. Their only QB is in rehab and looked horrible last year. They effectively didn't have a QB until they overpaid McCown.

Trading is unlikely to solve our problem. As a general rule, teams don't trade away franchise QBs.

So we're screwed.

But maybe not. We're probably going to field an elite defense this year. Hopefully, Crossman can keep our STs in the top five. Incognito and maybe another FA or draft pick will give us a better OL. Greg Roman will certainly improve the running game. And then we hope that we can Dilfer our way into the playoffs.

I don't think it's an unreasonable hope.

I'd be fine with Sanchez battling it out with EJ for the starter job. But I think Rex likes Mark's feet so he will slant the competition.

Then after Sanchez throws 2 ints, fumbles twice to lose us a game, we will realize that, oh yeah Sanchez sucks! :)

If it happens superbowl sunday, I wont be too upset.

Our QB situation is a mess. I like EJ and want him to be 'the guy' but the key word there is want, I don't have much faith in him being a starting QB but hopefully I'm wrong. I did want us to sign McCown, only in light of our situation for a QB. I believe that he's a quality person/teammate and would be ample enough being paired with a dominate defense and a ground-n-pound offense. Oh well, how we lost out to Cleveland of all teams is a real head scratcher. As far as Orton goes I was never a player for this clown. I seen enough of him over in Denver.

Where do we go from here? Bradford and Locker are brittle, I would begrudgingly hitch my wagon to them if they were obtained but with bated breath. Sancheze, I can't believe that I'm even considering this guy but I must say that after last year I did see some things in him that I didn't think we're possible but the thing with this guy is that you'll always be waiting for the only shoe to drop with him. Foles? I don't even know if he's a possibility and truthfully, I don't know enough of him to really form a good opinion.

So where does this leave us? Really. Can anyone give a good, wholehearted endorsement of any candidate out there because I can't. I think that our best bet is to just fortify our defense and OL, add and upgrade our RBs, find multiple TEs to compliment our current WRs for a safer passing offense so we can minimize the QB position and get ourselves in a better position for a quality QB in the future.

I believe that the only other way for us to really improve our QB situation is to make a big time trade for one. I don't even know if this is even possible, who it could be and what it would take but that is the only other way that would give me any kind belief. I think that if this were the case the only 2 that would fit this would either be Brees or a distant second in Cutler and with Cutler there is considerable amount of baggage but the guy does have a big time arm and has plenty of starter experience. The one thing I will say about a potential Cutler trade would be that he should be able to be obtained for quite a reasonable price, which is something that we would be able to afford, considering our available draft picks and such.

I love these kinds of posts......

rant and rave....hate that the team didnt give a 3 year deal to a OLD QB coming off a extremely bad year.......but absolutely NO real idea of how to fix the problem other then "bills please do something"

Face facts....there are NO franchise qb options this year....so since there isnt one we will pick one of the other middling qbs......give EJ a chance to see if he can hit his celing......and run the ball....a lot

Dont B word if you dont have a solution

I didn't manipulate anything... I'm not like you who says forget his rookie year heh.

Why do you keep making up things? Who said you said Sanchez was elite? Locker is the better option then Sanchez even when Sanchez went to a great system he still couldn't win. Locker would give EJ better competition hands down.

Dude I didnt say YOU manipulated anything. I said stats can be manipulated to proove just about any point.

Make things up???? When did I accuse you of accusing me for stating Sanchez was elite.

All I said was Sanchez is not elite. You're so ready to fight you're argument, you're comprehension is off today.

I can tell you love Locker badly. So I will let it go.

I personally dont want a qb who gets hurt often. What good does that do to a team?

I dont agree with you. But lets say Locker is better than Sanchez. But really man by how much??? One is a 6.4 one is a 6.3. Who gives!!!!!!!!!!

I love these kinds of posts......

rant and rave....hate that the team didnt give a 3 year deal to a OLD QB coming off a extremely bad year.......but absolutely NO real idea of how to fix the problem other then "bills please do something"

Face facts....there are NO franchise qb options this year....so since there isnt one we will pick one of the other middling qbs......give EJ a chance to see if he can hit his celing......and run the ball....a lot

Dont B word if you dont have a solution

I love that. Bring in Hoyer and Sanchez. Have them compete.

Bam!

Dude I didnt say YOU manipulated anything. I said stats can be manipulated to proove just about any point.

Make things up???? When did I accuse you of accusing me for stating Sanchez was elite.

All I said was Sanchez is not elite. You're so ready to fight you're argument, you're comprehension is off today.

I can tell you love Locker badly. So I will let it go.

I personally dont want a qb who gets hurt often. What good does that do to a team?

I dont agree with you. But lets say Locker is better than Sanchez. But really man by how much??? One is a 6.4 one is a 6.3. Who gives!!!!!!!!!!

I love that. Bring in Hoyer and Sanchez. Have them compete.

Bam!

If you can't look at what you said earlier then we have nothing else to talk about...

Not about some stupid "love" that you made up again it is about getting the best competition in here so the Bills can find the best option to start.

Edited by Beef Jerky

If Rex actually does what he says he will do in building a power run offense, and a top defense then the Bills won't need a flashy gunslinger type QB! All they need is a guy who can manage the game, and move the chains when needed.

The foolish Browns gave up on 7-6 Hoyer, and signed a 1-10* bum in McClown. Cleveland after they played Buffalo last year lost the next four games to finish the year 7-9. Did i mention that those last four games were all against playoff teams in Indy, Cincy, Carolina, and Baltimore. This with Hoyer playing hurt after that Bills game. The last two years Brian Hoyer has gone 10-6 with Cleveland, and that is the best QB performance that team has seen the last 15 years.

Hoyer managed to play well without his best receivers most of the year as Josh Gordon only played in 5 games, and Jordan Cameron played in 9. Then neither one contributed very much last year. I think Hoyer is the best stop gap FA QB on the market, and it remains to be seen if he can develop further in a good offense with good coaching. That is provided the Bills actually do build a decent O line this season, as no QB will play well running for his life.

Hoyer didn't play well.

If you can't look at what you said earlier then we have nothing else to talk about...

Not about some stupid "love" that you made up again it is about getting the best competition in here so the Bills can find the best option to start.

Why are you so insanely obsessed with Jake Locker?

This thread should be "Who are we kidding, with likes of Orton and Mccown and with the weird love from Beef Jerky towards Jake Locker"

Hoyer didn't play well.

12 TDS 13 INTS 3300 Yards 76 RATE is decent no?

Edited by Clippers of Nfl