Alex Smith compared to Matt Moore

No one is looking for an "answer"... People are looking for a 1 year stop gap that can play at a level that won't hurt the rest of the team.

I hated Orton but that's what all these guys are going to bring us at best. That's not good.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is easy to say, but besides Russell Wilson, who is it that they had a good opportunity to draft and failed to do so? I'll grant that they were close to in position to get Dalton or Kaepernick, but I think both went before Bills' pick in 2nd round. Not sure either are a great answer, either

Dalton was available for us in the second round. I'm not sure about Kaepernick's availability because if I recall San Fran moved up in the second round to get him. The rumor was that Oakland was going to take him in the second round but the 49ers jumped ahead of them. Foles was not a first rounder. He's not great but he is a credible qb. Mettenberger was a sixth round pick by the Titans. He is a better prospect than EJ due to his better pocket awareness and accuracy.

It is not easy finding a franchise qb in any draft. No one is suggesting that. But that doesn't mean that over a decade stretch you can't find a reaonable option as a bridge qb. The Cardinals traded for Palmer when he was on the downside of his career. Yet he was a major reason why that team moved up the ranks. Alex Smith is an average qb at best. KC traded for him and he proved to be a good enough qb that it helped the team get back on the winning path.

There were opportunities that we didn't take that other teams did to secure their qb position. Just because you are not in position to acquire a high level qb prospect in the draft that doesn't mean that you shouldn't use other avenues to find at the minimum a competent qb who gives your team a chance to compete.

Is there someone that can give us Orton before he started mailing it in?

I want THAT guy

Ortin didn't mail it. He played like He has his entire forgettable career.

Dalton was available for us in the second round. I'm not sure about Kaepernick's availability because if I recall San Fran moved up in the second round to get him. The rumor was that Oakland was going to take him in the second round but the 49ers jumped ahead of them. Foles was not a first rounder. He's not great but he is a credible qb. Mettenberger was a sixth round pick by the Titans. He is a better prospect than EJ due to his better pocket awareness and accuracy.

It is not easy finding a franchise qb in any draft. No one is suggesting that. But that doesn't mean that over a decade stretch you can't find a reaonable option as a bridge qb. The Cardinals traded for Palmer when he was on the downside of his career. Yet he was a major reason why that team moved up the ranks. Alex Smith is an average qb at best. KC traded for him and he proved to be a good enough qb that it helped the team get back on the winning path.

There were opportunities that we didn't take that other teams did to secure their qb position. Just because you are not in position to acquire a high level qb prospect in the draft that doesn't mean that you shouldn't use other avenues to find at the minimum a competent qb who gives your team a chance to compete.

Obviously, it's your opinion, but I don't know why Mettenberger who has a 30.1 qbr is a better prospect than Manuel who posted a 42 qbr as rookie.

And if you were a qb would you rather have Hackett/ Marrone or Wisenhunt to learn under?

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Ortin didn't mail it. He played like He has his entire forgettable career.

Obviously, it's your opinion, but I don't know why Mettenberger who has a 30.1 qbr is a better prospect than Manuel who posted a 42 qbr as rookie.

And if you were a qb would you rather have Hackett/ Marrone or Wisenhunt to learn under?

We are going to find out this year if the issue is talent or coaching. I hope I am wrong but I have major doubts about EJ and his feel for the game and accuracy. Marrone saw EJ prior to the season in practice sessions, training camp, preseason and during the early part of the season. He made a decision that a has been mediocre veteran qb who didn't bother to train in the offseason gave the team a better chance to succeed. That is very troubling.