NFL Combine 2015

YoloinOhio

I think a lot of pre-FA agent stuff (yes it's tampering but it happens) and trade discussions take place there as well, plus "available" FA meetings because it's easier as everyone is in one place. Mccown apparently has at least one meeting there, and saw this today:

@RapSheet: While most wait for free agency, a few big names are free now. Like WR Mike Williams, whose agent has 6 meetings in Indy. Could move quickly

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Physicals are the prime reason for the combine and they have actually saved players' lives in the past. Interviews are next important and while they don't make a 4th rounder a 1st rounder, they can help a player get drafted.

Tom Brady was not a physical specimen and his combine workout was average at best. To make matters worst, he was not even starting as a senior in college. But his work ethic and intelligence is what led Belichick to draft him.

The measurables that the drills produce allow a controlled method for comparison. They also produce a baseline for future reference.

@JaySkurski: Just spoke with #Bills GM Doug Whaley. He said Russ Brandon and Jim Overdorf will meet with agents of #Bills pending UFAs here at combine.

I like how the combine is more for the fans then it is for the coaching staff and GMs.

Just shows how little teams really use the combine. As long as you come in and don't completely fail you basically won the combine heh.

I like how the combine is more for the fans then it is for the coaching staff and GMs.

Just shows how little teams really use the combine. As long as you come in and don't completely fail you basically won the combine heh.

Agreed. The idea of players rising and falling months after their last game is silly. Anyone remember Bruce Campbell? Killed the combine, terrible player.

Still, it's fun meaningless entertainment.

Fans put more emphasis on the combine then teams do.

So far from the truth. Are they there because Roger requires it? Do they go for the shrimp cocktails in Indy? Are they all secretly Pacers fans?

The combine is important for many reasons. All players are evaluated "on an even playing field." All players are probed and pinched. Teams will interview a number of potential draftees.

Matter of fact, it's so important that team reps are there for evaluation purposes that agents of current players also make the trek to get face time.

Agreed. The idea of players rising and falling months after their last game is silly. Anyone remember Bruce Campbell? Killed the combine, terrible player.

Still, it's fun meaningless entertainment.

Yea of course I will be watching :)

So far from the truth. Are they there because Roger requires it? Do they go for the shrimp cocktails in Indy? Are they all secretly Pacers fans?

The combine is important for many reasons. All players are evaluated "on an even playing field." All players are probed and pinched. Teams will interview a number of potential draftees.

Matter of fact, it's so important that team reps are there for evaluation purposes that agents of current players also make the trek to get face time.

You must not like Rex Ryan then b.c he doesn't like he combine either. Saying training for a workout doesn't mean anything. All about the tape.

Of course they are forced to go... Just like they have to do interviews also with the NFL this week.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Yea of course I will be watching :)

You must not like Rex Ryan then b.c he doesn't like he combine either. Saying training for a workout doesn't mean anything. All about the tape.

Rex will use the info gathered there, especially the physicals. Whaley will use the interviews.

Do you expect a football coach to not say "i prefer to watch what a guy does on the field." This doesn't minimize the importance of the combine.

Rex will use the info gathered there, especially the physicals.

Do you expect a football coach to not say "i prefer to watch what a guy does on the field." This doesn't minimize the importance of the combine.

Exactly why I said if they don't completely fail at the combine... Hell they even had a segment trying to find the most useless combine activity. Edited by Beef Jerky