NFL Free Agency Dates - Tag Jerry Hughes?

San-O

Jerry Hughes has been a great addition and player in this awesome D line, however he certainly benefits from playing alongside

Pro Bowl talent and in a scheme that apparently favors him as well. That being said, how could the Bills even possibly keep him given that the franchise tag would be $15M approx?

I'm not saying anyone is worth that, however is he as good as gone in light of the fact Buffalo doesn't even have a starting QB on the roster, or does this not even matter to some?

Will ANYBODY pay Hughes that kind of money?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/11/2015-nfl-free-agency-dates-and-deadlines/

February 16: First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

No, resign him, which may be doable if he truly wants to stay in Buffalo.

Good option. How much do you pay your 3rd or 4th best D lineman? Remember, they've already got a whole lot tied

up in Super Mario and Dareus. I don't recall exactly how much.

No tag. That would be over paying him. I suspect he'll shop around and then come back with a bottom line offer for OBD to consider. If he is smart, he'll resign and be part of something special. If he can get the big deal for long term with guaranteed money, then I thank him for his efforts as a Bill and wish him all the best in the future.