Rex was one of the best at slowing down NE* (stats)

As we all know, New England* went on a tear from week #5 until week #16 (after which they shut it down until the playoffs).

During that time they were pretty much unbeatable, with their only loss coming in Green Bay.

SOMEHOW with the depleted secondary full of young players who had to play zone instead of man (Rex loves his man coverage) and total disaster at QB, Rex and the Jets lost twice to New England* by a TOTAL of 3 points. 2 points the 1st time (in New England*) and 1 point the 2nd time (in NJ).

Take a look at New England*'s points per game and margin of victory from week #5-16

Week #5: Bengals, 43-17 (26)

Week #6: @ Bills, 37-22 (15)

Week #7: Jets, 27-25 (2)

Week #8: Bears, 51-23 (28)

Week #9: Broncos, 43-21 (22)

Week #10: BYE

Week #11: @ Colts, 42-20 (22)

Week #12: Lions, 34-9 (25)

Week #13: @ Packers, 21-26 (LOSS)

Week #14: @ Chargers, 23-14 (9)

Week #15: Dolphins, 41-13 (28)

Week #16: @ Jets, 17-16 (1)

So in that 11 game span, Patriots* games were only decided by 5 or fewer points 3 times. The Packers beat them and the Jets got within 2 points and 1 point.

So 2/3 of those games were Jets games. The Pats* pretty much smoked everyone else aside from the loss @ GB.

In short, Rex can slow them down, even with a MUCH weaker roster than the Bills have. The Bills D is STACKED with talent. I can't wait to see what he does with this defensive talent and secondary. It's going to be AWESOME!

******************************************************************************************************************

So how why/ did this happen? Well, take a look at their top weapon/ NFL MVP (IMO) Gronkowsi. Here are his yards per game during that time:

Week #5: Bengals, 100 YDS

Week #6: @ Bills, 94 YDS

Week #7: Jets, 68 YDS

Week #8: Bears, 149 YDS

Week #9: Broncos, 105 YDS

Week #11: @ Colts, 71 YDS

Week #12: Lions, 78 YDS

Week #13: @ Packers, 98 YDS

Week #14: @ Chargers, 87 YDS

Week #15: Dolphins, 96 YDS

Week #16: @ Jets, 31 YDS

Gronk's two lowest yard totals (68 YDS and 31 YDS) came against the Jets and their patchwork secondary.

Again, imagine Rex with these weapons on D.

Get excited! We are going to be a serious threat to New England* next season!

hoping that Gronk will cost them too much in salary cap $'s and they part ways,

Belichick will not let that happen. He actually likes his TE's. Hell he also paid a murderer big money. Also they have a ton of cap space next year.

Edited by Beef Jerky

I have resigned myself to them winning the Super Bowl this year. If it doesn't happen that's awesome, but us Patriot* haters have had a nice little run of no Super Bowl wins so it might be time to pay the piper.

In any event, it won't go on forever. Right? RIGHT?!

Yea, it cannot go on forever. After the season ends, I always like the yearly

obligatory " Brady is in decline" thread.

I have resigned myself to them winning the Super Bowl this year. If it doesn't happen that's awesome, but us Patriot* haters have had a nice little run of no Super Bowl wins so it might be time to pay the piper.

never never never

Seahawks D will stop them and Beast Mode will crush them!!!!

No way does this happen

never say never. There was (is) a discussion on how big the cap hit will be next season. 2 or 3 outlets thought he might just be gone in '15.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/rob-gronkowski/

Gronk’s cap cost will go from $5,400,000 in 2014 to $8,650,000 in 2015.

http://www.boston.co...cap/100/7375204

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

As we all know, New England* went on a tear from week #5 until week #16 (after which they shut it down until the playoffs).

During that time they were pretty much unbeatable, with their only loss coming in Green Bay.

SOMEHOW with the depleted secondary full of young players who had to play zone instead of man (Rex loves his man coverage) and total disaster at QB, Rex and the Jets lost twice to New England* by a TOTAL of 3 points. 2 points the 1st time (in New England*) and 1 point the 2nd time (in NJ).

Take a look at New England*'s points per game and margin of victory from week #5-16

Week #5: Bengals, 43-17 (26)

Week #6: @ Bills, 37-22 (15)

Week #7: Jets, 27-25 (2)

Week #8: Bears, 51-23 (28)

Week #9: Broncos, 43-21 (22)

Week #11: @ Colts, 42-20 (22)

Week #12: Lions, 34-9 (25)

Week #13: @ Packers, 21-26 (LOSS)

Week #14: @ Chargers, 23-14 (9)

Week #15: Dolphins, 41-13 (28)

Week #16: @ Jets, 17-16 (1)

So in that 11 game span, Patriots* games were only decided by 5 or fewer points 3 times. The Packers beat them and the Jets got within 2 points and 1 point.

So 2/3 of those games were Jets games. The Pats* pretty much smoked everyone else aside from the loss @ GB.

In short, Rex can slow them down, even with a MUCH weaker roster than the Bills have. The Bills D is STACKED with talent. I can't wait to see what he does with this defensive talent and secondary. It's going to be AWESOME!

******************************************************************************************************************

So how why/ did this happen? Well, take a look at their top weapon/ NFL MVP (IMO) Gronkowsi. Here are his yards per game during that time:

Week #5: Bengals, 100 YDS

Week #6: @ Bills, 94 YDS

Week #7: Jets, 68 YDS

Week #8: Bears, 149 YDS

Week #9: Broncos, 105 YDS

Week #11: @ Colts, 71 YDS

Week #12: Lions, 78 YDS

Week #13: @ Packers, 98 YDS

Week #14: @ Chargers, 87 YDS

Week #15: Dolphins, 96 YDS

Week #16: @ Jets, 31 YDS

Gronk's two lowest yard totals (68 YDS and 31 YDS) came against the Jets and their patchwork secondary.

Again, imagine Rex with these weapons on D.

Get excited! We are going to be a serious threat to New England* next season!

The one game they did lose to the Packers Belichick put in an I'm not showing you anything game plan anticipating a probable SB match up at the time. After the game Belichick uncharacteristically stayed on the field talking to players with a big smile on his for several minutes according to a friend of mine from the Boston area knowing he had shown them nothing on the road and almost won.

Tell me about it 9 years ago I was out in Maui playing golf for a couple weeks and went to dinner at a former Boston disc jockeys house Charles Lauquidara he was the morning guy on WBCN and was a big deal in the Boston area at the time when I had lived there in the mid 80s. He was showing me and my buddies how he had his house set up for football parties, and telling us all about all the Pats fans getting together at his house on game days. I remember thinking to myself at the time the Patriots best days were behind them their defense was getting old and their decline was inevitable. It feels like a lifetime ago and here we are getting ready to watch them play in yet another AFC championship game. On the bright side QBs do hit a wall in their late thirties and as we seen with Peyton Manning this season their abilities can suddenly and very rapidly decline, so Tom Brady should follow suit in the very near future. Right? RIGHT?!

I recall the two teams that crushed the Patriots in the beginning of the year. Miami and Kansas City. I think Gronk was coming off an injury so they brought him back slowly. In that 33-20 loss against the Dolphins Gronk had 4 rec for 40 yards in week one, and then 3 rec for 96 in their win in week 15.

The Chiefs just destroyed the Patriots 41-14 in week 4. Gronk had 2 rec for 31 yards. That KC team ran the ball 38 rushes for 207 yards vs 28 passes, and played great defense by getting 3 sacks, 3 turnovers.

The Chiefs showed the blueprint to beating the Patriots, as have the Ravens. Play great defense, and pound the rock to play keep away from Brady.

I hope the Colts, Seahawks or Packers crush the Patriots this year.