Bills first to hire HC-- Advantage for hiring staff?

jahnyc

Should be an advantage for the Bills/Rex in assembling a coaching staff. Roman would bring a lot of experience, and if we can keep Schwartz, both coordinators will be strong and experienced (for the first time in a long time). If Roman is the guy for OC, it will be interesting to see if we hire more offensive staff from the 49ers and who the pick will be for offensive line coach. On defense, will Rex bring in his own guys or will we keep some of the current assistants?

I bet there will be no real budget constraints for hiring assistants and staff. Hopefully, this will mean that Rex will assemble a first rate staff, particularly since he can start making offers now.

I'd say the biggest advantage in hiring staff comes from the fact the Pegulas are willing to spend big $$ and there is no salary cap. I fully expect the Bills to have one of the most experienced and highest paid coaching staffs in the league -- as well as a top-of-the-line scouting department.

Hiring Rex now certainly gives them a leg up on contacting the coaches and scouts who will comprise those staffs.