Chiefs likely to cut Tamba Hali in offseason

YoloinOhio

Good more pass rushers on the open market make it more likely Huges could be back in B-lo

plus, it gives the argument that the value was a flop, potentially. i know many here have pointed at Hali as a comp. if its a comp that wasnt actually workable for the team though....

just a thought

When they drafted Dee Ford I felt like that was a sign, and the Chiefs seem to have struggled with their cap and keeping good players (had to cut Brandon Flowers last season). I think Tamba Hali is a really good player, as is Flowers - but the Chiefs were able to field a great passing D without Flowers and they will likely march on without Hali.

I hope Jerry doesnt think he is worth Tamba Hali numbers. The bottom line is that we can spend a 2nd round pick on a solid DE in the draft and put him next to the big 3 and he would do just as well. Hughes is looking to cash in because he knows he will not produce like he is in Buffalo anywhere else (ie. Indianapolis the first three years of his career)

I hope Jerry doesnt think he is worth Tamba Hali numbers. The bottom line is that we can spend a 2nd round pick on a solid DE in the draft and put him next to the big 3 and he would do just as well. Hughes is looking to cash in because he knows he will not produce like he is in Buffalo anywhere else (ie. Indianapolis the first three years of his career)

I won't argue that his value isn't inflated by playing with 3 pro bowlers, but if you really think that the Jerry Hughes of Indy is the same level of player that we have seen on the Bills, you are delusional. He is twice the player that he was when they traded Kelvin for him and a massive reason for the D's success. Bookends like he and Mario are worth paying for. He has played like a first round talent and saying that a second rounder could walk on and be as good is just plain wrong. Get a clue.

I am usually and advocate for the BIlls to sign their pending UFA's most years but this years group of guys, headlined by Hughes do not concern me too much. 9.5 sacks playing next to 3 Pro Bowl Players is about as good as its going to get. Hughes is looking to cash in and then fall back into mediocrity. Some team will pay him to be their #1 DE and he is not that guy

Bills are better off letting him walk and using the $ to resign core guys like Dareus, Gilmore etc.

Better yet, if we think we can tag him and then trade do that and get a 1st or 2nd round pick out him.