Marrone/Bills made the right decision

Personally, I don't care for Marrone all that much. I don't know what he has done to gain such appeal. He made Syracuse a .500 team and never broke our playoff drought. Now he's some kind of hot commodity. Again, this doesn't make sense to me. If he stayed I would have taken him and supported him, but I still would be wondering the whole time if any tangible reasons exist why I should put my confidence in this man. Since he left he has faced an avalanche of criticism. A lot of it deserved, but at the same time, I can't blame Marrone for making the best business decision possible. This is a business, even though as fans it seems more pleasure, but for Marrone, it's like his 9-5. So as far as him being castrated for leaving, I'm not very supportive of that. It made sense for both of us and both parties did a good job making the correct decisions.

If you look at Marrone situation purely from a business stand point this decision is a no brainier and he played his hand exactly how he should have. He had new ownership surrounding the team, he had to know he had one more year to reach the playoffs or he would be on the street. A proposition he currently faces with no starting QB and several question marks. The current job market is wide open, as much as it's ever been. He had interested teams. None of that would be guaranteed if he got fired following the 2015 season. The job market could be more competitive and he might be looked at in the same favorable light he's looked at now. Within all this he had a strained relationship with Whaley. So when he put some feelers out to determine teams interest and saw that he got a solid response, he said why not leverage this guy. So that's exactly what he tried to do. Buffalo wasn't going to play those games, I'm glad they didn't. Our management team did the correct thing by not yielding to the demands of a career .500 coach with zero playoff appearances. So both parties did the right thing.

Personally, I don't care for Marrone all that much. I don't know what he has done to gain such appeal. He made Syracuse a .500 team and never broke our playoff drought. Now he's some kind of hot commodity. Again, this doesn't make sense to me. If he stayed I would have taken him and supported him, but I still would be wondering the whole time if any tangible reasons exist why I should put my confidence in this man. Since he left he has faced an avalanche of criticism. A lot of it deserved, but at the same time, I can't blame Marrone for making the best business decision possible. This is a business, even though as fans it seems more pleasure, but for Marrone, it's like his 9-5. So as far as him being castrated for leaving, I'm not very supportive of that. It made sense for both of us and both parties did a good job making the correct decisions.

If you look at Marrone situation purely from a business stand point this decision is a no brainier and he played his hand exactly how he should have. He had new ownership surrounding the team, he had to know he had one more year to reach the playoffs or he would be on the street. A proposition he currently faces with no starting QB and several question marks. The current job market is wide open, as much as it's ever been. He had interested teams. None of that would be guaranteed if he got fired following the 2015 season. The job market could be more competitive and he might be looked at in the same favorable light he's looked at now. Within all this he had a strained relationship with Whaley. So when he put some feelers out to determine teams interest and saw that he got a solid response, he said why not leverage this guy. So that's exactly what he tried to do. Buffalo wasn't going to play those games, I'm glad they didn't. Our management team did the correct thing by not yielding to the demands of a career .500 coach with zero playoff appearances. So both parties did the right thing.

I agree mostly but there was no reason for him to do some of the things the way he did. Bad mouth the organization to Polian? Text goodbye to his players? No statement whatsoever much less a thank you to the fans of the team or the organization? He's a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVJbX2sb2WY

Edited by 4merper4mer

I agree on all everyting about the shenanigans that followed. I'm certainly glad he left after all that has come out, but I remember at the time feeling surprised. Even without the benefit of knowing more information now, I don't think any of us should have been surprised he left or that the Bills didn't challenge more. If anything this is the path that seemed very likely.