Coaching hirings won’t happen for a few days

HOUSE

Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2015
hiring.jpg?w=250

As the playoffs begin and the network reporters scramble for stuff to report, most of it will relate to the initial spinnings of the coaching carousel.

If you’re hoping for someone to break this weekend the news that a team has hired a new head coach, you’ll likely be disappointed. Per multiple league sources, it’s expected that no jobs will begin to be filled until Tuesday or Wednesday, at the very earliest.

With six coaching jobs (Jets, Bills, Raiders, Bears, Falcons, 49ers) and two G.M. positions open (Jets, Bears), that can change at any time. But the widespread belief among those in the know is that there won’t be anything specific to know until after the wild-card round ends.

Until then you can track all the interviews here. Which, if you do, will help to ensure that no one at PFT will be fired.

And that there will be no “mutual partings.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/03/coaching-hirings-wont-happen-for-a-few-days/

Edited by HOUSE

Bills interviews:

Saturday - Broncos OC Adam Gase, Sehawks OC Darrell Bevell, Sehawks DC Dan Quinn.

Sunday Chargers OC Frank Reich.

Lions DC Teryl Austin will also be interviewed. Sounds like they are doing their homework in case Schwartz bolts if he doesn't get the HC gig.

They're busy. Lots to consider.

Shanana and Schwartz will also be interviewed before a decision is made.

I wonder if they'll go into the kallage ranks for interviews.

has Brandon said " no stone will be left unturned " yet? it is a bit scary the same guys that hired the innovative and attacking Marrone are on the road again looking for a coach. Can't wait to hear what dribble Brandon the accountant will say with the new hire? Please Russ, etc. Take your time as of right now there really is no guy out there that needs to be inder contract ASAP. Most choices look on the surface as equals.

it's also a bit scary that the el Paguls will be getting advised by the same tools that hired Marrone. One would assume they are very aware of this. But as new owners getting thrown into the fire will give them some quick experience on the complexities of running a dysfunctional team. As owners it may take awhile but they will get it right.

But, in the end I think this is a very good situation for the franchise depending if they get the right guy. There Interviewing a lot of OC's it seems. I love Frank Reich but they better take few days if there going to pull the trigger on Reich or any of the short on experience OC's. They should trade for Mike Tomlin just do it. his stock is low right now. he actually coaches a football team too, and as far as I onow has not achieved saint hood yet?

has Brandon said " no stone will be left unturned " yet? it is a bit scary the same guys that hired the innovative and attacking Marrone are on the road again looking for a coach. Can't wait to hear what dribble Brandon the accountant will say with the new hire? Please Russ, etc. Take your time as of right now there really is no guy out there that needs to be inder contract ASAP. Most choices look on the surface as equals.

it's also a bit scary that the el Paguls will be getting advised by the same tools that hired Marrone. One would assume they are very aware of this. But as new owners getting thrown into the fire will give them some quick experience on the complexities of running a dysfunctional team. As owners it may take awhile but they will get it right.

But, in the end I think this is a very good situation for the franchise depending if they get the right guy. There Interviewing a lot of OC's it seems. I love Frank Reich but they better take few days if there going to pull the trigger on Reich or any of the short on experience OC's. They should trade for Mike Tomlin just do it. his stock is low right now. he actually coaches a football team too, and as far as I onow has not achieved saint hood yet?

I think Brandons days of saying anything are over. You will likely be hearing from Pegula, Whaley, or a new GM.