Well, where we are

Fredo G.

As it is now I like Gase. Young, fresh mind, worked under Manning, hope we get to keep Schwartz. Hope we don't get a retread like Shanny. I must sayItotally trust the Pegulas to getthis right. They learned from the Sabres experience and got a STUD gm in Tim Murray. They won't screw up...

I hope we get the retread :lol:

Shanahan brings instant credibility to the Bills, this will help hire the best assistant coaches and the very best players,there are quarterbacks that would love to play for him

Further more, this signing would completely embarrass Doug Marrone & Bill Polian and I am all for that!

-

Edited by HOUSE

I don't know if I want any part of Gase mainly bc you don't know how much he is actually responsible for the offense with Peyton who we all know is a control freak.

I do however really like how they use their wide receivers with plays and routes designed to get them open instead of just running routes hoping they get open.

Might want to update thread title to be little more descriptive of topic.

Absolutely all of the candidates mentioned thus far besides Ryan and Shanahan would be purely a roll of the dice. None have significant experience and are far more likely to become Peter Principle candidates than they are good head coaches.

I like Ryan because with a team like the Jets, very similar to the Bills in many ways, he has managed to beat New England. It would be refreshing just to have hopes of beating them every season again.

Shanahan's had his ups and downs but all in all has been largely successful. We can't fault him for the situation in Washington, which unfortunately has similarities to the one here. Both he and Ryan may shy from our situation due to the similarities in their FOs at those two places that hampered their successes there, QB and FO/personnel issues.

Either way, of the choices, those are the ones I'd go with. Reich is a nice emotional story, but the odds of him or any of the rest being better head coaches than terrible ones are not good, here or anywhere, that's just the odds in the NFL.

We really don't need another roll of the dice at this point, we need proven competence.

I do however really like how they use their wide receivers with plays and routes designed to get them open instead of just running routes hoping they get open.

Easy to say with Peyton at the helm. I'm sure you'd have seen something similar here if he had been our QB, even with Marrone & Hacker in charge.

I don't know if I want any part of Gase mainly bc you don't know how much he is actually responsible for the offense with Peyton who we all know is a control freak.

I do however really like how they use their wide receivers with plays and routes designed to get them open instead of just running ro update thread title to be little more descriptive of topic.

I read a good article on him where the focus was that he got the running game going after Payton stalled at theend of theseason. I like that

Easy to say with Peyton at the helm. I'm sure you'd have seen something similar here if he had been our QB, even with Marrone & Hacker in charge.

What does the design of the routes have to do with the QB? I'm not talking about the fact that Peyton got them the ball but the actual route they are running. If you actually watch the routes they run a lot of them are designed to get the receiver open which has nothing to do with the QB.

Edited by Max997

What does the design of the routes have to do with the QB? I'm not talking about the fact that Peyton got them the ball but the actual route they are running. If you actually watch the routes they run a lot of them are designed to get the receiver open which has nothing to do with the QB.

Agreed

Might want to update thread title to be little more descriptive of topic.

Manning hasn't been play all that well lately. Gase adjusted their scheme to go run heavy and it's been working very well.

Manning hasn't been play all that well lately. Gase adjusted their scheme to go run heavy and it's been working very well.

Yep. But they have done it putting an extra lineman in a lot of the time. The thing is defense are reticent to counter that with an extra big body because they know that Peyton Manning is under centre. When the Bills brought Hariston in as an extra lineman on the few plays they tried that this season you see the defense go to their power package and load the box. So even in getting the run game going the threat of Manning helps it work. I am nervous about Gase for that reason. He might be brilliant and Manning speaks highly of him but equally he might be a complete flop when given average or below average QB talent.